We Just Gave Birth ..... Well Sort Of

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Congrats on the birth! Mama happy with the new one? (How does the Mrs like the new car?)

:attention:

She is tickled with it Bob and can't wait for me to teach her how to drive .... but I told her that would have to wait until we get moved to Becolod ..... no place to do it here .... or just a note we discuss everything we buy (large items) as I value her input ... there have been times when her input saved us either in money or grief .... so we always talk it over ....

Isn't that the way marriage is suppose to be? I'm always blown away by these guys who must have 100% control of a relationship and either can't figure out why the Mrs isn't happy or she left him for someone who listens to her... You are a good man, Mr S.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Been real busy lately with getting my drivers license and looking for a car and today we gave birth to a 4,277lbs. 1994 baby Kia Sportage

please share us the pictures of the baby KIA. the suspense is ..... unbearable :mocking:

Wish I could Bubba but for privacy and security reasons I would rather not as it is kinda a unique color .... sorry ..... (no not titty pink Jake) :unsure: :cheersty:

If you cant trust members of the Forum.

:23_11_62[1]:

who can you trust?

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
If you cant trust members of the Forum. :23_11_62[1]: who can you trust?

Unfortunately there are bunches of lurkers and folks from other boards as well as visitors brought here by web searches and I value and guard my privacy like a junk yard dog ..... while MOST of the members here are social and well behaved and appear friendly ..... there are those that are not ....... as well as future members or visitors ..... sorry just the way I am ..... the internet is open to everybody and anyone can read this board :tiphat: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know what you mean, Mike!

I once received a personal email from someone who had seen a post I made on a board for IT a few years back. This was not a member of that forum nor was my personal email listed in member information. But it is easy enough to track someone down if you really want to. I proved that to a girl I had known when I was a child - she made contact with me years later and I would not let her give me her address - or even what city she was living in - until I could prove that I was who she thought I was. Later, partly in jest but more to prove to her the dangers of the internet, I told her I would tell her where she lived. It took me a whole 1 minute and 12 seconds to have her address narrowed down between 4 neighbouring houses 1200 kilometres from my location. Less than 2 minutes to have her actual address and a picture of her house that I emailed to her scared the (yup) out of her! It took a while to convince her that I hadn't looked her up before this. And also another 5 years of answering every computer question she had.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

.Mike I understand your concern

Allow me to post another members recently obtained

NEW BABY CAR photos

Houston-Classic-Weekend-Batman-Batmobile-Movie-Prop-Car-Auction-09.jpg7.jpg13244d1114186367-nostalgic-movie-tv-cars-batmobile.jpg

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... thanks Bubba ...... but just for you here is a few shots of a 1994 Kia Sportage ..... just not mine ..... :mocking:

First 2 are 1996's .... there is very little if any changes in body design from 1994 to 2000 and then from 2000 till 2005

post-11-0-54850700-1345597681_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-01965100-1345597718_thumb.jpg

These are 1994

post-11-0-86012800-1345597751_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-19267500-1345597778_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-03679600-1345597812_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-44101900-1345597839_thumb.jpg

And this is why I didn't buy a Suziki multi-cab .......... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

post-11-0-46848300-1345597873_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Congrats Mike, looks great! Welcome to the expat drivers club of the Philippines!!

Me I'll stick with my one and only Owner, circa somewhere between 1975 and 2010, depending on which part you are looking at. Not to mention parts from Toyota, Chevy, Mazda, and just about every other manufacturer in the world, (accept maybe a few Russian Built Cars).

Also I have free continuous air flow, no need for A/C, as the owner has no doors!

In fact when I first got it, it also had no seat belts, no hand brake and no windshield wiper!!!!!!! Even now it only has one wiper which I believe came from the back window of a Toyota!

Ha, do enjoy your new transport, I know I am still enjoying mine!

They stay out of my way when they see a white man driving an owner using hand signals because my lights don't work, along with all the other gadges and dials in the dash!!!

Papa Carl

• Like 1

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

Been real busy lately with getting my drivers license and looking for a car and today we gave birth to a 4,277lbs. 1994 baby Kia Sportage ..... it has a 1.6 SOHC diesel motor (engine is a Mazda R2) (in the early years of Kia most parts were Mazda as they were the parent company) .... 5 speed M/T .. 4x4 (when needed not all the time) full power .... no rust on the frame or body ... very clean in and out and is the smaller version and no Turbo Cooler powered so it should be good on fuel ..... and all at a very good price .....

Also not to bad driving here in Cebu City on Sunday as it appears that all the crazies stay home ..... so I guess we'll use Sundays as our cruising day just like I did as a kid when the family loaded up into the '51 Dodge 2 door and went for ice cream and a drive in the country .... except unless we head south there will be no country ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Looks like a "Clayton's" car... (Clayton's is a drink you have, when you're not really having a drink? :hystery:

Anyway, happy birthday on the arrival of the new child...