Farm Lease Or Rent

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Transportation to the market is a problem for some, but if you can get the crops into the market, you can possibly make a profit. Just cut out the middle man/men.

I read a study by an agriculture economist from the University of the Philippines Los Banos that the farmgate price for mangos is 10.9% of retail. It's probably the same for most farm produce. Eliminate the middle men in the supply chain and farming can be profitable.

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Transportation to the market is a problem for some, but if you can get the crops into the market, you can possibly make a profit. Just cut out the middle man/men.

I read a study by an agriculture economist from the University of the Philippines Los Banos that the farmgate price for mangos is 10.9% of retail. It's probably the same for most farm produce. Eliminate the middle men in the supply chain and farming can be profitable.

Yes, after looking at quite a few farming operations around the Carcar area, i can see one common theme amongst them.

There seem to be too many "fingers in the pie" so to speak, this even before harvest stage.

It also happens in Australia too, but they're very sneaky there. The farmer can control his costs to produce his product but once it leaves his farm, he has "absolutely" no control over how many people get their easy share from the farmer's hard work.

• Like 2