It's Almost That Time Of The Year Again Expats.......

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

102038_f248.jpg

Who's going to be the first to become "caroled"?

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Lol we had carolers yesterday at the store across the street I personally love it when the kids come by and sing they always get a treat from me . I have found if I give no money ever the adults don,t bother to come and sing but we get the same 30 kids everyday for a good 2 months then the day after x-mas we tell them thats it no more and they are ok with it

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We also enjoy the children singing my two boys will join them at the gate sometimes.

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

good lord, is it really that bad now there ................... so what happens at all souls day in November - suspend carolling ??????????????

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

LOL, I don't think so. That's like leaving money on the floor.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Closer to Christmas I would give chocolates and money - but carolers this early?? I think I would have throw rocks ha ha :tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We are lucky .... our apartment complex has a security guard and he keeps the carolers away ...... last place had one too but he let them come in ..... you can make a lot of racket with a wash pan and a spoon ..... :hystery: ...... the teenagers are smart they bring extra tee-shirts with them and change into them around the corner and then come back for a second round ..... except they weren't smart enough to change their ball caps and we caught them ..... :mocking: ............... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

As far as Christmas goes.......... I'm in the BAH HUMBUG club.

• Like 1

wombatphil
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah well, nearly time for a bit of work from me.

Started doing Santa last xmas, (St Nicholas actually) for the kids around here. Gave out 1,700 candies around the traps, nearly all at the elementary next door. 15 different class rooms visited and I can guarantee that none of those kids (except my 3) had seen Santa ever before, except on telly, and I reckon pretty much all the adults were in the same boat...

Stood out front my wife's cafe for 45 minutes waving at all the cars and giving out the few remaining candies and posing for photos with a few Korean tourists who came running up... Anyway, the kids around here remember and now and then I get little squeeky voices calling out "Hi Santa" when I'm walking around... This year I'll be making a Santa sleigh to go over my pickup and have a mate driving with a little green Elf hat on. Be a reindeer, also outa plywood like the sleigh, on the bonnet (hood) and I plan to sit in the back, or stand and throw candies out to the kids... It's hard bloody work and I was buggered last time over more than 2.5 hours. Might do a raid on the Gaisano shopping centre this time, one day, for a little bit and hand out a few more candies to kids. Bloody security will probably kick me out... Anyway, it's more fun in the Philippines.

post-2528-0-74913600-1346078333_thumb.jp

Oops! Sorry... How did my baby pic get in there?

Ah, here we go, still as ugly as ever...

post-2528-0-12776300-1346078402_thumb.jp post-2528-0-54963800-1346078543_thumb.jp

Edited by wombatphil

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I love those smiles!

• Like 1