If Your Ever In My Area And Want A Little Aventure

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

If im back home and any of you want to visit me in my town and feel like a little adventure and like hiking and camping i have the perfect spot for you !! its called mt tagapo talim island , you take a pump boat from my town , Binaghonan Rizal to Talim island its in the middle of laguna da bay , the hiking isnt too hard and only takes 1.5 hours to reach the summit where there is beautiful fields of tall swaying grass and a view great view of the bay !! i personally haven't been there but my wife and kids went and said it was beautiful , i plan on going the next time im home for at least a day or 2 since its only maybe a hour away from me , heres a video i found of what it looks like !! if you need more info and would like to go there just post it up i will try and provide as much info as i can to you all !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

If im back home and any of you want to visit me in my town and feel like a little adventure and like hiking and camping i have the perfect spot for you !! its called mt tagapo talim island , you take a pump boat from my town , Binaghonan Rizal to Talim island its in the middle of laguna da bay , the hiking isnt too hard and only takes 1.5 hours to reach the summit where there is beautiful fields of tall swaying grass and a view great view of the bay !! i personally haven't been there but my wife and kids went and said it was beautiful , i plan on going the next time im home for at least a day or 2 since its only maybe a hour away from me , heres a video i found of what it looks like !! if you need more info and would like to go there just post it up i will try and provide as much info as i can to you all !!!

I guess we need to have a couple pack mules to carry all our beer. Looks like a nice easy hike.

Race you to the top.....he, he.

Good one O-U-C!

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I guess we need to have a couple pack mules to carry all our beer. Looks like a nice easy hike.

Race you to the top.....he, he.

Good one O-U-C!

hahaha jake dont worry kuya i will let you carry me on your back to the summit !!!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That looks really nice and I hope to be doing that sort of thing often!

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Well if im there and you want to do that no problem my friend and your in the manila area shoot me a message , its only 1 hour or so from mega mall to my town then i think they said 1 hour or so to mt tagapo by pump boat , there is camping at the summit from what i heard , also in my town theres the Thunderbird resort to stay in its VERY VERY nice ! Angono rizal is 20 minutes away and was said to be the artist capital of the philippines it was even featured in Andrew Zimmerman's show when he went to the Philippines !!! I LOVE My Town im close to the city but it feels like the province !! your Welcome there anytime !!!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Haven't been to Talim Islands since my teen years. You need to wear thick jean pants, preferably hiking shoes rather than rubber shoes, and a long sleeve shirt. The cogon grass is very sharp and it will produce tiny cuts that are irritating. Protect as much of your skin as possible. Wearing a hat is also advisable. Take also plenty of water or if Jake is with you, lots of beer. The hike itself is not difficult.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well if im there and you want to do that no problem my friend and your in the manila area shoot me a message , its only 1 hour or so from mega mall to my town then i think they said 1 hour or so to mt tagapo by pump boat , there is camping at the summit from what i heard , also in my town theres the Thunderbird resort to stay in its VERY VERY nice ! Angono rizal is 20 minutes away and was said to be the artist capital of the philippines it was even featured in Andrew Zimmerman's show when he went to the Philippines !!! I LOVE My Town im close to the city but it feels like the province !! your Welcome there anytime !!!

That sounds like a good plan! I will be living in Cabuyao in Laguna starting in late October. I can swim over and meet you there! :hystery: Seriously, it sounds like a good outing!

JJR, the first thing I thought of when I SAW the grass was SAW GRASS!

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Haven't been to Talim Islands since my teen years. You need to wear thick jean pants, preferably hiking shoes rather than rubber shoes, and a long sleeve shirt. The cogon grass is very sharp and it will produce tiny cuts that are irritating. Protect as much of your skin as possible. Wearing a hat is also advisable. Take also plenty of water or if Jake is with you, lots of beer. The hike itself is not difficult.

thanks for the great advice jjr !! i just dont know how we will get the beer to the summit for jake maybe have to hire a few porters LOL or as he said a few pack mules hahaha

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

That sounds like a good plan! I will be living in Cabuyao in Laguna starting in late October. I can swim over and meet you there! :hystery: Seriously, it sounds like a good outing!

tell you what onmyway i will meet you on tamlin island we can both swim from our sides of laguna de bay and meet half way hahaha joke !!! but in all seriousness if any of you want to try this and your in manila shoot me a message i was hoping to be there for xmas but it doesnt look like that will happen then but maybe march i might be there would love to get a group of expats together to do this or who ever wants to come would be nice if we could spend the night camping too !!!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

tell you what onmyway i will meet you on tamlin island we can both swim from our sides of laguna de bay and meet half way hahaha joke !!! but in all seriousness if any of you want to try this and your in manila shoot me a message i was hoping to be there for xmas but it doesnt look like that will happen then but maybe march i might be there would love to get a group of expats together to do this or who ever wants to come would be nice if we could spend the night camping too !!!

Oh yeah, I could just smell us now -- sitting around the camp fire like in the movie Blazing Saddles.

I'll be doing my joe squats passing gas of dried fried fish and baluts. The San Magoo will give me

enough bubbles to propel my special ambiances to all my good friends.....he, he.

Hey, are farts suppose to be lumpy?

• Like 4