Tech Help Needed For Tablet

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the advise. For this trip, I will try coffee shops with free WiFi as a possible solution. There is always the Internet Cafe' located in most malls to check for email messages. I won't be in the boondocks except for one or two brief periods.

The top luxury hotels like Manila Peninsula offer free Internet from your room. Although it has been several years, Marriott Hotel in Cebu City wanted $18 per day extra for Internet connection from your room. As mentioned by luke, the policy differs in each hotel property. Some offer it as part of a promotion or corporate package. I will also check out Jollygoodfellow's suggestion of purchasing an external drive and prepaid service.

By the way, "boondocks" is a Tagalog word, "bundok" meaning mountains. In the aftermath of the Spanish-American War, American troops were sent to the Philippines to suppress the rebels (revolutionaries if you are Filipino). Soldiers from the Applachian Mountains picked up the word and made it their own. The fighting ceased after the surrender of General Aguinaldo.

• Like 1