Us Dollar At 3 1/2 Year Low Vs Peso

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The US Dollar is trading today around 41.5 pesos/usd. This is the lowest it has been since April of 2008.

Just in time for my two week vacation to the RP later this month. :(

i am bob
Posted
Posted

We Canadians seem to be holding our own - P42.4854 as of Monday at 16:49 GMT.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the weakening USD appears to be related to a growing consensus that the US Federal Reserve will do another round of quantitative easing (QE3) further deflating the currency. Looks like the almost 5 year old recession in the US is the new normal since politicians and banks seem intent on following the same old failed Keynesian policies that have put the US economy on the road to ruin for many decades.

Perhaps the Canadian government has been a bit more responsible in their monetary/fiscal policy.

• Like 3

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

My G/F owes me P500 from a bet she lost .. I'm a little richer.. :no:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the weakening USD appears to be related to a growing consensus that the US Federal Reserve will do another round of quantitative easing (QE3) further deflating the currency. Looks like the almost 5 year old recession in the US is the new normal since politicians and banks seem intent on following the same old failed Keynesian policies that have put the US economy on the road to ruin for many decades.

Perhaps the Canadian government has been a bit more responsible in their monetary/fiscal policy.

I think lucky is more the word.... :mocking:

• Like 1

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
I think lucky is more the word

Oil is the word I'm thinking of :cheersty:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Funny how China is trying to buy all the Canadian companies involved in oil now? They want to buy up the companies involved in the Oil Sands as well as the companies with the pipelines so they can ship all the oil overseas at a discount.

So when you say it's oil that has kept the Canadian $ up? Nah, that was only the gas from the politicians...!

:mocking:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You know what they say: "We are all Keynesians now" :tiphat:
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
You know what they say: "We are all Keynesians now"

I believe that was President Nixon you are quoting. The president who tried to put in wage and price controls.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

we can talk all we want about the $$ or other currency being at a LOW.

POINT IS its HURTING some of us hard and REALLY HARD,

no matter what we(at least I do) of cutting back on some costs or delaying buying . IT HURTS.

what can you or I do to ride out this low without it causing anymore or possible $$ hardship?

any suggestions from those that LIVE HERE?

I am sure it will recover back up to the 41.8-42.25 range in a few weeks,