Us Dollar At 3 1/2 Year Low Vs Peso

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I am about to retire over there so someone better get my money worth something again :)

And as for my quote.... it was coined by Milton Friedman and attributed to Nixon. And I certainly do NOT endorse it ha ha

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Well I am about to retire over there so someone better get my money worth something again :)

And as for my quote.... it was coined by Milton Friedman and attributed to Nixon. And I certainly do NOT endorse it ha ha

Ahh... thanks for the correction. Milton Friedman was a mixed bag. The "Chicago School" of economics he championed is better than Keynesian economics yet Milton Friedman was the individual who pushed for income tax withholding during WWII.

Yeah, I prefer the quote "We are all Austrians now."

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I wish we were....

But as long as the exchange rate improves before I move over there I will be happy :) Maybe then I could start the Pinay branch of the Mises fan club. :tiphat:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I wish we were....

But as long as the exchange rate improves before I move over there I will be happy :) Maybe then I could start the Pinay branch of the Mises fan club. :tiphat:

I will match your Mises and raise you a Rothbard! ;)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Will you kids stop throwing the economists around like that? Somebody's gonna loose an eye and then we'll have to start calling the exchange rate a sport!!! OH!!!! Did you see that flying tackle? It just dropped!!!

:mocking:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just want ₱50 to $1 USD by January. That is not too much to ask is it? :)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We Canadians seem to be holding our own - P42.4854 as of Monday at 16:49 GMT.

Yeah, the weakening USD appears to be related to a growing consensus that the US Federal Reserve will do another round of quantitative easing (QE3) further deflating the currency. Looks like the almost 5 year old recession in the US is the new normal since politicians and banks seem intent on following the same old failed Keynesian policies that have put the US economy on the road to ruin for many decades.

Perhaps the Canadian government has been a bit more responsible in their monetary/fiscal policy.

I think lucky is more the word.... :mocking:

The Canadian banking system is conservatively regulated and has been well situated through the economic problems.

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

If anyone is going to the currency or passes by one, i would be interested to know what they are exchanging US and Canadian dollars for at the moment, Most interested if the Canadian dollar buys more pescos than the US which is not usually the case even if the Cdn dollar is somewhat higher than the US

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I just want ₱50 to $1 USD by January. That is not too much to ask is it? :)

50 P rate :hystery: :hystery: ?

when you look at the rate for the past year.

2yrs, 5 yrs,

the highest it has been lately was in jan2009 at 47.5

before in between 2004-2006 it had reached as High as 56, (sometime in 2005 i recall ,2006 highest was 53+ under 54)

the "GOOD OLD DAYS" of a poor peso/high dollar rate is not forthcoming.

maybe just maybe 43-45 in the next year(2013) yes,

next few weeks,,,, 42.maybe a high 42.

read what JJR has said in his past posts. he can say it better than I can ,AND he is more Knowledgeable than i will ever be,

When the RP has a POOR exchange rate, its effects everything here, From your cable,telephone,water, and electric power and of course the Imported goods/foods

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The currency exchange app I have on my phone uses rates from themoneyconverter.com - I don't know anything about this site other than this. With the latest update listed as of Thursday, 13 September 2012 at 10:02:51 GMT, the rates shown on my phone's currency conversion app are as follows:

Canadian $ = 42.0379 P

US $ = 41.7413 P

Of course what you will get through other companies or even locally may be different than those I listed.