Has Your Filipina Gf Or Wife Changed Your Diet Or.....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

After the big move to Philippines and getting settled in awhile how have your eating habits changed? Anyone lost weight or gained weight? Perhaps you continue to eat the exact same things as when living in your homeland? Having a Flipina GF or wife cooking and shopping for food must have major affect..... or not?

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

There was abig effect until I convinced my wife to let me go to the grocery store instead of her buying at the local market.

I lost 50 pounds in a year and nearly died of food poisoning.

Now I am about 15 pounds overweight again, but at least I feel stronger than I did at only 165 pounds.

I weighed 225 when I arrived here (too fat) and now I am right at 190 (I need to be around 175).

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bruce, I also lose weight when we visit I guess because I love seafood and all the fresh tropical fruit. I've been fairly sick with the runs too maybe too much fruit or mild food poisoning.

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

well I for one aint switchin to dried fish or balut thats for sure lol i,ve put on a fair bit of weight thanks to jollibee and mcde,s then i find out rice is quite fattning except brown rice which is double the price .I think the the g f is trying to fattin me up to make me less attractive to the prowling philippina,s hahhaha

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wash all the fresh fruit and veggies to make sure there is not trace of pesticide left on them. And put a little vinegar into the wash water so it will kill most bugs that might be lurking in your water!

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

well I for one aint switchin to dried fish or balut thats for sure lol i,ve put on a fair bit of weight thanks to jollibee and mcde,s then i find out rice is quite fattning except brown rice which is double the price .I think the the g f is trying to fattin me up to make me less attractive to the prowling philippina,s hahhaha

I agree on the dried fish and balut. Brown rice has far more goodness, is more filling and lets face it although it may be twice the price how much does one serving cost? PENNIES The modern white rice varieties are GM modified to produce more grain per stalk but they also produce far more sugars..... stay away from white rice!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The modern white rice varieties are GM modified to produce more grain per stalk but they also produce far more sugars..... stay away from white rice!

This answers a big question I had, My blood sugar has rocketed up to 122 from 84, I had no Idea why, Now this makes sense.(Rice, 3 times a day) all other things to do with my diets were fine, i just could not understand why, the Sugar was so High. so maybe it is the White rice, I will give the brown a go and see what happens.

Well I can say, that I also will not budge on my refusal to eat the Dried fish or balut, there a few dishes, that I stay away from, as the smell and some with no taste just does not mix with me

If I could get away with it i would just go back to my ways ( bacon and egg, bangers and mash) all the wrong food of course. Azon does wonders with me, as I have become a picky eater,

All in all I have put weight on, so she is getting it right somewhere.

I have never had Tuna cooked in so many Different Ways.

:tiphat:

Has to be this way or I will pay for it in the end.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jack, in your situation white rice is a poor food choice. Do you like Okra? If you can eat it that would be very good for you.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted
This answers a big question I had, My blood sugar has rocketed up to 122 from 84, I had no Idea why, Now this makes sense.(Rice, 3 times a day) all other things to do with my diets were fine, i just could not understand why, the Sugar was so High. so maybe it is the White rice, I will give the brown a go and see what happens.

It's only in recent years that diabetes has become a problem in the Philippines, it used to be almost unheard of and now is growing at a phenomenal rate, I do believe that fast (junk) food and GM white rice have a lot to answer for.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
i find out rice is quite fattning except brown rice which is double the price

Brown Rice is many times more HEALTHY for you than White rice,.AND IT has FIBER which white rice lacks. consider that it does cost more BUT.. ITS more better and HEALTHIER

• Like 2