Has Your Filipina Gf Or Wife Changed Your Diet Or.....

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I have mentioned it before in a post elswhere at this forum but just eating pasta instead of rice as often as you can will help on the carbs. The best rating rice seems to get a medium on the GI scale where as pasta is low GI. I made up a diet of a bowl of pasta with tinned fish for brunch and then avoided carbs altogether for the evening meal. Where ever I could, I'd eat a big bowl of home made soup for the evening meal and fruit for lunch. This diet with moderate exercise helped me to lose weight.

Strangely I even lost weight whilst not exercising too. I had to go in for a hernia operation and for 3 weeks after, I was stuck in front of the TV. I followed my diet to the letter and ate soup often. I finally was able to go to the gym again and found that I had lost a further 2 kg's on their scales from doing nothing . Go figure?

Here is a very interesting documentary that is a must see for those wanting to lose weight but don't want to run the minute mile. The Truth About Exercising.

Wow...excellent video - BBC always is good quality- Thanks for the link Kuya Fred~~~
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your welcome ibemarshall.

Edited by Kuya Fred

i am bob
Posted
Posted

i often end up reading these things on my front porch in the early morning before the sun comes up - like now! I really have got to watch that video Kuya Fred gave us.... But I'm afraid of waking up the neighbours! I'll have to put it on my list of to-do for later today!

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

When I was viewing the part of the video that the host was having his blood checked for the amount of fat (after eating a typical hearty UK breakfast), my old eyes were really opened. It really has helped me the last couple of days to avoid the tempting treats and food that are loaded with the wrong types of fats...not to mention the increase of my resolve to run on the treadmill or climb the stairmill just alittle bit longer...onwards and upwards~~~

• Like 1