Extension Upon Entry?

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the replies! I think I can maybe do the 21 days, but I'm not sure on how strict they are. I've tried calling the embassy and two consulates, no answer. I sent them an email just now. Basically...

I'm ready to buy airfare to the Philippines. I want to take full advantage of the 21 day allowance with my passport. But the arrival and departure times are so close to midnight...

If i arrive at 11:10 or 11:50 pm on a given day, do those 10 or 50 minutes count as one of my 21 days?

The same with my departure. If my flight is scheduled to depart at 12:50 am, do those 50 minutes count as another one of my days?

I'm hoping the rules aren't too strict, and that I can have slightly over 21 days in the country, instead of barely over 19.

If you arrive at 11.50 just hang around a few mins till it's past midnight :thumbsup:

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted
you can buy an extension on arrival. Have done that several times. Just go left hand side just before the immigration booths. If you arrive in the night it may not be possible to use this service, but you can get your extension in any BI office across the country.

I returned recently from Hong Kong at 5am and the CEBU airport immigration supervisor office HOOKED ME RIGHT UP.... cheaper than downtown for the extension to 59 days... 2840. I paid 2850 because I didn't have exact change and DIDN'T CARE.... They saved me a taxi ride and wait at the immigration downtown. :dance: Make sure you ask at the office BEFORE getting the stamp for 21 days. Cebu wanted me to do it BEFORE the stamp. Manila said to get the stamp FIRST. :tiphat:

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm hoping the rules aren't too strict, and that I can have slightly over 21 days in the country,

The rules are the rules... What you are hoping is that the officials on duty aren't too strict. That is a roll of the dice from what I have seen/heard. Worst case if you try and fail though appears to be pay the same amount and a slight penalty on the spot; success and you won't have to pay for the extension.

Removed by the boss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But keep in mind that my Filipina was with me AND I have a FABULOUS personality... :36_6_3[1]:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
illegal advice

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm hoping the rules aren't too strict, and that I can have slightly over 21 days in the country,

The rules are the rules......What you are hoping is that the officials on duty aren't too strict. That is a roll of the dice......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK GregZ,

In one way, your advice based on actual boots on the ground shortcuts dealing with govt agencies

could work for some expats. However, please understand that this forum does not condone any

such actions stated above.

For those foreign agents lurking about (due to murder investigation in Surigao), please understand

that this forum does not support any illegal actions committed by any members.

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Potatoman
Posted
Posted

Got a visa extension yesterday at the Makati office. it was incredibly easy but for some reason i was charged P 6320 . my visa lasts till 03 January suppose they are closed over christmas so some may need to watch for this. have i been scammed?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
have i been scammed?

I doubt it very much. Each renewal is different and it sounds like they included your tourist ACR on that one so maybe your old one had expired or maybe you never had one until now.

Hard to say without seeing the receipt but they have been known to make an occasional mistake, not a scam though.

• Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted

Got a visa extension yesterday at the Makati office. it was incredibly easy but for some reason i was charged P 6320 . my visa lasts till 03 January suppose they are closed over christmas so some may need to watch for this. have i been scammed?

I have not had a problem yet in Makati BI office. Is this your second extension? (After your 38 day extension)

Potatoman
Posted
Posted

No this is my first extension , i didn't get a card either, i've read their website & i think the price should be jusy over 4000 hey what the hell it's no big deal