The End Of The Mayan Calendar

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

What will happen on Dec 21, 2012? Some predict the end of the world, some predict the beginning of a new era. Does anthing really matter. The end of the Mayan calendarhttp://www.disastercountdown.com/event/mayan/

Edited by Mr. Lee

Hoz
Posted
Posted (edited)

That the calendar ends there doesn't mean time or the world will stop, just that they Mayan astrologers had gone through their cycles and quit. Their calender has three different "wheels" and so many turns of the small wheel equals a turn of the next larger wheel and so on. Their large wheel covers a tremendous amount of time and is on a scale almost incomprehensible to the layman. I did some research on this and Mayan Cosmology scientists have found in the year 2012 the earth night sky view lines up exactly with the dark center of the Milky Way.The Mayans considered this dark part to be the mouth of the Serpent and the door to the "other world". It was a sacred place and situation to the Maya. Nothing will happen, the sun will rise and set as usual. The Mayan Calendar can be reset then and everything will start a new.

Edited by Hoz

TheMason
Posted
Posted
What will happen on Dec 21, 2012? Some predict the end of the world, some predict the beginning of a new era. Does anthing really matter. The end of the Mayan calendarhttp://www.disastercountdown.com/event/mayan/
I predict the stock and housing markets in the US will bottom out on this day and the long-discussed economic recovery will begin. Either that or my wife will complete her Christmas shopping for me on that day. I wonder if those two predictions are related in any way.

• 1 month later...
On-in-2
Posted
Posted
I did some research on this and Mayan Cosmology scientists have found in the year 2012 the earth night sky view lines up exactly with the dark center of the Milky Way.. This happens every year at this solstice. Nothing unusual about the year 2012 at all.Nothing will happen, the sun will rise and set as usual. The Mayan Calendar can be reset then and everything will start a new.WOW! An informed voice of reason! Thanks Hoz, for posting this. There's so many doomsayers and their voices are growing more shrill as the time approaches.Its refreshing to hear a rational person, no matter how rare!

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Yes I don't think they found anything in Mayan writings saying they think the world will end at this time. The calender ends there because that is where that cycle ends. If the Mayan astronomers were still around I am quite certain they would be busy carving a new calender for the mew cycle.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I did some research on this and Mayan Cosmology scientists have found in the year 2012 the earth night sky view lines up exactly with the dark center of the Milky Way.. This happens every year at this solstice. Nothing unusual about the year 2012 at all.Nothing will happen, the sun will rise and set as usual. The Mayan Calendar can be reset then and everything will start a new.WOW! An informed voice of reason! Thanks Hoz, for posting this. There's so many doomsayers and their voices are growing more shrill as the time approaches.Its refreshing to hear a rational person, no matter how rare!
Darn, and I was hoping things would get better, the people of the world would start caring about each other and hatred all over the world would end. I remember watching some movies about an alien attack on earth and how the world united, it sure would be nice if something not to drastic would happen that would finally bring about total peace and harmony. :SugarwareZ-034: :tiphat: :yes:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, it is actually a combination of several factors coming together in December of 2012. Of course the Mayan calendar bit, but also the 2012 anti christ predictions, which 'loosely' fit Obama and further adding interest is that the 2012 elections will have been held in November which again, brings us back to Obama and his response / actions post election. Also, in the end of 2012 is a large astroid which will becoming within less than 100,000 miles of earth as it passes by. Interestingly, the moon which is about 200,000 miles away will also be a possible target and if hit, will add problems to the earth. So I, as an individual don't care much about the end of the world mongers. I just like watching! Much like the panic about the current Swine Flu, which is the DAMN FLU! Get over it already or die, please make a decision either way, but stop with the Chicken Little crap. If anyone does think the end of the world is coming.... you just might be right! And since you can't take 'it' with you, you might as well sell 'it'. So, if 'it' is a nice condo in Cebu, and I can get it for pennies on the peso..... I am ready to take advantage of, I mean help you out and take it off your hands..... I am really planning to have a good time watching the panic as the end of 2012 approaches... Reality TV at it's best. Run Forrest! Run!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Kinda like the crash of all computers on earth in the year 2000 ...... remember they said as we could not live with out computers the world as we know it would come to an end ....... some people sat up all night trying out their computers just to see if they would crash ....... as far as I know it was life as normal for me the next day .... got up and went to work everything was as it should be ...... I suspect that's what will happen this time ....... anyway that is 3 years from now ...... :SugarwareZ-034: ...... hahahahahaha

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, it is actually a combination of several factors coming together in December of 2012. Of course the Mayan calendar bit, but also the 2012 anti christ predictions, which 'loosely' fit Obama and further adding interest is that the 2012 elections will have been held in November which again, brings us back to Obama and his response / actions post election.Also, in the end of 2012 is a large astroid which will becoming within less than 100,000 miles of earth as it passes by. Interestingly, the moon which is about 200,000 miles away will also be a possible target and if hit, will add problems to the earth. So I, as an individual don't care much about the end of the world mongers. I just like watching! Much like the panic about the current Swine Flu, which is the DAMN FLU! Get over it already or die, please make a decision either way, but stop with the Chicken Little crap. If anyone does think the end of the world is coming.... you just might be right! And since you can't take 'it' with you, you might as well sell 'it'. So, if 'it' is a nice condo in Cebu, and I can get it for pennies on the peso..... I am ready to take advantage of, I mean help you out and take it off your hands..... I am really planning to have a good time watching the panic as the end of 2012 approaches... Reality TV at it's best. Run Forrest! Run!
If anyone does think the end of the world is coming.... you just might be right! And since you can't take 'it' with you, you might as well sell 'it'. So, if 'it' is a nice condo in Cebu, and I can get it for pennies on the peso..... I am ready to take advantage of, I mean help you out and take it off your hands.....
Well I think the world is coming to an end so if your interested I have decided to sell my condo at a give away price.For you, and a quick sale, fully furnished 2 bedroom condo in the heart of Cebu city ,, US $15.000.It is vacant later this month so you can move right in. Everything connected and running, wifi too.PM me for details of where to send cheque.Here's some pics of the view from the balcony and one of a renovation I did to shift the cool air into the bedrooms.Hope to do business with you soon :SugarwareZ-034: post-1-1241249225_thumb.jpg post-1-1241249269_thumb.jpgpost-1-1241249497_thumb.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well I think the world is coming to an end so if your interested I have decided to sell my condo at a give away price.For you, and a quick sale, fully furnished 2 bedroom condo in the heart of Cebu city ,, US $15.000.It is vacant later this month so you can move right in. Everything connected and running, wifi too.PM me for details of where to send cheque.Here's some pics of the view from the balcony and one of a renovation I did to shift the cool air into the bedrooms.Hope to do business with you soon :SugarwareZ-034:
Wait I will include more pictures, maybe we can sell it ten or more times. :tiphat: There are dreamers and then there are real buyers, but Bruce will have to wait to see if the end does come and then he hopes he will still be here to pick up the pieces. SugarwareZ-007.gifADDED BTW, I dreamed for a lot of years and watched how prices just kept going up and up and then we finally bought and I am glad we did when we did. I think there will be deals to be had if someone is actually here to find them and buy them when they present themselves. Edited by Mr. Lee