Riots At Us Embassys

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
The only recourse against the film at the moment is that Nakoula Basseley Naoula has been arrested for Parole violations and will probably be sentenced to another 3 years.

Release him under humanitarin Parole and put him back on the plane back home, just curious of how long his

:welcome11: WELCOME HOME PARTY would last

althou OFF TOPIC, i do feel the internet should be UNCENSORED as it allows the FREE exchange of info,

only under certain conditions should items or articles be BANNED or removed, this is one instance that it should be "censored" as it is causing damage or injury to the Innocent

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
only under certain conditions should items or articles be BANNED or removed, this is one instance that it should be "censored" as it is causing damage or injury to the Innocent

And just who gets to decide what is to be censored and what is not ...... who is right and who is wrong ..... it all depends on your point of view ..... is it wrong to burn an American flag or any countries flag for that matter but not your own ...... or burn someone's religious book but make it a crime burn someone else's ..... who is the almighty one to make these types of decisions ..... obviously moral issues must be considered .... but I personally don't consider this film to be a moral issue ..... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I just look at that one line I learned as a child (and removing all religious connotations from it)...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

If we don't want others to hate us , we shouldn't do things that make them think we hate them. This film obviously was an attempt to incite hate (and violence). And unfortunately, even though it is the act of one man, we are all thrown in together because of the circumstances - subject matter, distribution, etc. And by allowing this video to remain posted I don't believe in censorship except in extreme situations. Such as inciting hate amongst people. Such as this film. This isn't really any different than one of the pillars we fought against in the Second World War. So why should this be treated any different?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

And just who gets to decide what is to be censored and what is not ...... who is right and who is wrong ..... it all depends on your point of view ..... is it wrong to burn an American flag or any countries flag for that matter but not your own ...... or burn someone's religious book but make it a crime burn someone else's ..... who is the almighty one to make these types of decisions ..... obviously moral issues must be considered .... but I personally don't consider this film to be a moral issue ..... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

Hmm.....very interesting points of view gentlemen. It was a perfect read for my first morning coffee.

Right or wrong....it all depends on your point of view was written by my favorite grunt Mike S. Dang,

I didn't know that a formal US Marine was that intelligent.....he, he.

Throughout history of Man, can you imagine having the world's greatest thinkers like Einstein and

Bart Simpson or Jesus and Mohammed, living together in the same village. I wonder what kind of

village that may be? Would it be a harmonious and eternal peace and love between them?

I don't think so......

Depending on their point of view, both can be right or both can be wrong because they profess

their own devine guidance or blessings. And will use those devine guidance differently, again

depending on their point of view. One would think burning the American flag should be righteous

because we are considered IMBECILES.

So, here we are -- having a healthy debate on censorship about this stupid movie. Most of the

complaints are coming from the Muslim world. I think most western attitudes consider this movie

a pointless, humorless and stupid movie produced by a stupid person. And yet, on the other

side -- the willingness of a suicide bomber because he thinks it was not a stupid movie.

MAN is so stupid -- I rather be a dolpin....he, he.

On my 2nd cup of coffee and Kahlua -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 2

tbplayer
Posted
Posted

I just look at that one line I learned as a child (and removing all religious connotations from it)...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

If we don't want others to hate us , we shouldn't do things that make them think we hate them. This film obviously was an attempt to incite hate (and violence). And unfortunately, even though it is the act of one man, we are all thrown in together because of the circumstances - subject matter, distribution, etc. And by allowing this video to remain posted I don't believe in censorship except in extreme situations. Such as inciting hate amongst people. Such as this film. This isn't really any different than one of the pillars we fought against in the Second World War. So why should this be treated any different?

that would be great, IF it worked both ways. and I honestly do not see that happening. The US has been bending over backward (in my opinion) and it appears it's not doing a bit of good, we are still hated as much as before (if not more)

• Like 1