Crba, Newborn Boi Fees Upon Leaving The Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I always thought the laws pertaining to nationality were complex.

They are complex! What one country states as the law another country will have something completely different. They are slowly getting together on this but they still have different laws in almost all countries pertaining to national identity. I've spent about 30 hours or more researching this and neither I or my GF are in any position that we have to worry about this. For me it's just an ethical puzzle that must have a different solution than the obvious.

A good example of this? Remember the YouTube someone posted a day or two ago? The one by the BBC and NatGeographic on the couple who got together while she was still legally married? The Brit was the actual father for the baby but the Philippines would not recognise any rights for him as the girl friend was still married to somebody else - all the rights of the father went to the former husband. Would that happen in your home country?

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

Yeah, that is an interesting ethical issue (having a child with another man's wife). I don't know which story you make reference to, but I know I've heard of this sort of situation before. Having a child from an adulterous relationship does present an interesting situation (aside from avoid the wrath of the cuckold).

However, it does seem to be a cool pickup line a guy could use. I've heard of fellows trying to become intimate with women claiming the child from their liaison will have the same skin color as the man. Pretty simple concept, and if it gets results, sounds good to me.

But the idea that having a child from an adulterous liaison does create a new line. "Have my baby and he/she will get my citizenship, not to mention my good looks."

It does also seem to solve the issue of the child's legitimacy.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
But the idea that having a child from an adulterous liaison does create a new line. "Have my baby and he/she will get my citizenship, not to mention my good looks."

The father of the baby has to claim the child as his before the baby will get citizenship. No proof of foreign daddy - no passport.

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

It's a joke.

• Like 1