Can I Renew Visa 1 Week Before Due?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

My visa is due for the 2 month renewal soon. I will pick up my icard as well when i go there next since I paid for it last time. What I would like to know is if I can get my renewal about 1 week before the date in my passport? Also if I can, would the next renewal be 2 months from the date I renew it or 2 months from the date in my passport?

tiger31
Posted
Posted

yes you can get visa that close and your extension will be 2 months from your passport stamp. I renewed my visa 1 day before it expired no problem

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You can renew 2 weeks before, the new extension will be from the date in your passport. I went last Tuesday and it took me 32 minutes to renew. I nearly fell over with shock.

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

that's great to hear!

tiger31
Posted
Posted

one thing I hate paying for is that dam acr card .When I got my last one it was in my wallet for a year and never came out .never was asked for it the whole year ,its just another way to extract money from tourists as far as i,m concerned.when I first got it ,I asked the guy why I had to have it ,he said it was to give you priority at the boi .not once have I been asked for it at each and every visa extension.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

The only time I have been asked for an icard was trying signing up to Smartbro month to month plan.

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Greetings folks,

What I understand is...

On first entry to the country a 21 days is given for free (tourist visa). Then if the person is to stay longer he/she would have to renew for another (or is it combined?) 59 days and pay some fee? When that ends, it's another renewal for another 59 days, with pay of course, and so on!

So, to stay in the Philis, one would have to renew every two months. Am I correct?

Personally, I find it stupid. Why not just renew for a year, pay whatever and be done with it?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When you fill out the form for renewal write in the box 2 months and you will then have to renew on the same date every month. If you write 59 days you will get 59 days so best to write 2 months. I always pick up the form for the next time and fill it out before i get there.

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip Sonjack2847!

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

you can download forms online from the Phillipine Embassy

• Like 1