Can I Renew Visa 1 Week Before Due?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So, to stay in the Philis, one would have to renew every two months. Am I correct?

Yes, many of us get together at the BI every 2 months and commiserate about exactly that. I have not found a legitimate BI representative (as in one who is not looking for an illegal bribe) who would renew my tourist visa more than about 2 weeks before the expiry date in my passport. They recommend one week.

Look at it as a great opportunity to get out of the house. Or in may case, to come visit friends in Cebu.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

you can download forms online from the Phillipine Embassy

I might do that to save waiting there and filling one out which could mean another 30 minutes wait if you fall behind the wrong person.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

one thing I hate paying for is that dam acr card .When I got my last one it was in my wallet for a year and never came out .never was asked for it the whole year ,its just another way to extract money from tourists as far as i,m concerned.when I first got it ,I asked the guy why I had to have it ,he said it was to give you priority at the boi .not once have I been asked for it at each and every visa extension.

I'm guessing that the physical card doesn't mean much to immigration, but by getting it your name is on the 'good tourist tracking' :hystery: list for when you go do any transactions with them. There are always going to be charges and if they keep it running smooth I'm just going to pay and continue enjoying LIFE IN THE PHILIPPINES. :540:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

you can download forms online from the Phillipine Embassy

To save waiting or filling our forms in the immigration office you can download and fill out the forms before hand here: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=24&Itemid=99999999

• Like 2