Outrageous Utility Bills In Condos

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I had huge electricity bills when living in Cebu and after discussion with wife she asked the maid if she knew something....

The maid suggested the water heating tank (hmmm.. whatever you call it) ... it was 24 hours on, so we decided to have it switched all times except morning... the bill dropped significantly...

I take it that the water tank was one of the little ones that hook into the shower?

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted

my bill was 15,000 a month for electric for 2 months, the AC in 2 bedrooms was on pretty much 24/7. i learned my lesson hahaha

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
maybe you have an energy inefficient airconditioning system built into your condo?

altho this reply is off topic..

have you had your units CLEANED? i live outside NCR and my units are washed/cleaned roughly 2x a year,when they are cleaned the water that is flushed from them is Dirty,very Dirty, when in turns affects the operating of the unit, try that.

I asked the Condo Corp to waive it since it was the developers fault and also the condo's fault since they didn't send us the bill until too late. Of course they wont' waive anything.

how old is the unit? can you find out if others have such a "problem"?

what are the Condo rules regarding issues like this? if they want show you the "rules" then they might be hiding something..

do you know where your water meter is? find it,,,, make a NOTE of what the reading is at XXXX am, dont use any water in your unit(go out for a few hours) when you return, Look at the meter, Has it moved at all??

Check your toilet? it might have a small leak in the FLAPPER ??

look at the walls near the pipe outlets? are they "normal" in color? touch?

or slightly moist? discolored?

Of course they wont' waive anything.

this is very typical of housing firms here, according to what i have seen and learned.

there is a reason behind this and its $$$$.

these ppl/firms know that a majority of the "complaints" will just give up after a few tries. its your hard earned money,dont allow them to "walk over you"(lie)

be perstaint yet respectful as best as the situation allows

keep a paper trail of what your doing to support the issue.

try complaining to the bank the condo assoc. uses? who knows it just may work

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

S123
Posted
Posted

I had huge electricity bills when living in Cebu and after discussion with wife she asked the maid if she knew something....

The maid suggested the water heating tank (hmmm.. whatever you call it) ... it was 24 hours on, so we decided to have it switched all times except morning... the bill dropped significantly...

I take it that the water tank was one of the little ones that hook into the shower?

Actually, it was a central one for the house.
  • Like 1