Building In Bohol

stevewool
Posted
Posted

hi all has anyone done this, making your home from containers, looks great on some web sites but can it really happen in bohol, we see the containers all the time small ones large ones , sides out and even no roofs on, surely put together and using other things this could happen, what are your thoughts

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Containers are quite viable as housing. There are some other post here on the forum that provide more detail.

Try searching the forum or maybe another member has the link.

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

there was a subdivision of them here in the Philippines, i don't remember where i saw it but maybe google it.

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Living in a metal box in the tropics ? for the same price prob even a little cheaper you can build with hollow blocks . There is considerable amount of work to turn a container in to a home . I have a friend who built his garage with containers and when it was all said and done he really wished he would have just built with wood or block . The only real advantage is they are secure for his garage because he cut no holes on the outside walls.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

there was a subdivision of them here in the Philippines, i don't remember where i saw it but maybe google it.

I think that was the wharf you were looking at. :mocking:

• Like 5

Curley
Posted
Posted

Living in a metal box in the tropics ? for the same price prob even a little cheaper you can build with hollow blocks . There is considerable amount of work to turn a container in to a home . I have a friend who built his garage with containers and when it was all said and done he really wished he would have just built with wood or block . The only real advantage is they are secure for his garage because he cut no holes on the outside walls.

At least with a container home you can move it to a different lot if needed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
miguelsp
Posted
Posted

i think thats a good idea. I have been thinking in that posibiliti

HomeBox offers family living in a space no bigger than a standard freight container http://www.gizmag.com/homebox-compact-home/24576/

Flat-packed Mini House takes two days to install http://www.gizmag.com/flat-packed-mini-house/23930/

Thomas
Posted
Posted
i think thats a good idea. I have been thinking in that posibiliti HomeBox offers family living in a space no bigger than a standard freight container

There are solutions, which can become biger, although arriving in container size and are much faster mounted than 2 days.

E g I bought a second hand, which had been a hospital section on an oil rig, and made an extension to my house with it. Building the ground was the hard part. Placed the container on it with a crane. Then just fell down the sides, so they become floors, and puch out the walls behind them running on rails, so needed small power. Then mount 3 inner walls and doors to theese rooms, and connected pipes and electric on the OUTSIDE. All the inside connections were made allready.

Result: 40 m2. 3 rooms (of which I transformed one to a bath and cloth washing room) 2 toilets and storing space. I did this mounting myself in less than one day. If being 2 people, then the slicing into the prepared connections had been much easier, which would have made less than half that time needed.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

i think thats a good idea. I have been thinking in that posibiliti

HomeBox offers family living in a space no bigger than a standard freight container http://www.gizmag.co...act-home/24576/

Flat-packed Mini House takes two days to install http://www.gizmag.co...ni-house/23930/

I have had bigger garden sheds that this place! :mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have had bigger garden sheds that this place!

:hystery: You will find that many North Americans have had bigger garden sheds than most of the low rent housing available here.

• Like 2