Unlimited Monthly Web Surfing On Your Smart Phone

intrepid
Posted
Posted

In December 2011, MR LEE asked if anyone is yet using SMART Unlimited Web Surfing Plan. No one had responded and the topic was locked. This plan appeals to me but I am also wondering if anyone can give a report as of reliabilty and speed. Also would just like to hear anyones views on other carriers and usage of a web surfing phone.

Go to http://m.smart.com.ph/surf using the mobile phone browser.

Jake
Posted
Posted

In December 2011, MR LEE asked if anyone is yet using SMART Unlimited Web Surfing Plan. No one had responded and the topic was locked. This plan appeals to me but I am also wondering if anyone can give a report as of reliabilty and speed. Also would just like to hear anyones views on other carriers and usage of a web surfing phone.

Go to http://m.smart.com.ph/surf using the mobile phone browser.

Hey Intrepid,

Long time no hear my friend. Let me research some posts regarding other mobile phone carriers.

I'll get back to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I use Unli Surf on my mobile phone and on my SmartBro. In fact, I use the same sim for both and just transfer it from the SmartBro modem to the phone. The only problem is that my last sim wore out from too much transferring so I lost my old phone number but other than that the plan works great and seems to be better than the Globe plan which is similar and slightly cheaper for 30 days use. Globe is 999 for 30 days unlimited and Smart is 1200 but the Globe does in fact limit you to their 'fair use' policy which caps you at 800 mb per day which is midnight to midnight. It is very easy to get to 800 mb if you do any downloading or looking at youtube or lots of pics. I have not yet had a cap on the SmartBro unli plan

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

>Dave

What speed do you get then?

For instance where (Only close to tourist places/big cities)?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another option for those with laptops and smartphone is to download a program called ConectifyPro and run your own wi fi network AT home or travelling if you take your laptop with you. I run my laptop along with my smartphone, my wifes netbook and her smartphone all of the same smartbro connection. Like Dave, I use the Unlimited 200 surf promo every 5 days. With this method you don't need to ever change sims. If I was to be out with my phone and not my laptop and I urgently needed to get online and there was no public wifi avialble then I would just get online with smartbuddy and it's only 10 pesos for half an hour I think. I would not want to be surfing much longer that that on my phone anyway.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
>Dave What speed do you get then? For instance where (Only close to tourist places/big cities)?

I am not thrilled with the speed in provincial areas but when in a major area where there are dedicated towers then it is acceptable. I can't give you a number as it changes with so many variables. It is not consistent. But on the whole, the speed at its best is comparable to the speed I used to have with the SmatBro Canopy on the roof. In practical terms that means it takes a long time to download a movie but, at its best you can at least watch a youtube video without waiting for buffering. (but only just)

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

This post was submitted by Adventurer in OCT 10, 2012 regarding Smart's annoying promotional

text messages that will eat up your minutes:

http://www.philippin...pam/#entry79375

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Can tourists (for example) get SIM card services (text, voice and data) once they land at Cebu airport?

Are there kiosks like other airports that cater to such service?

If so, any idea what companies do that?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

This post was submitted by Adventurer in OCT 10, 2012 regarding Smart's annoying promotional

text messages that will eat up your minutes:

http://www.philippin...pam/#entry79375

I went into the Smart office and told them to turn it off. After some talk with other colegues the woman eventually came back with some data, she typed in Alerts Off and sent it to 211 and I'm glad to say I have been spam free since.

Getting back to SmartBro... I have found them to be very slow lately.....

samatm
Posted
Posted

just got back from 3 days in singapore and Globes data and voice roaming dinged me for over 12K pesos. Just for Email and an occasional Map and a call in from the UK. Globe offers no voicemail. Does Smart (postpaid plan) ?