Unlimited Monthly Web Surfing On Your Smart Phone

Thomas
Posted
Posted
>Dave What speed do you get then? For instance where (Only close to tourist places/big cities)?

I am not thrilled with the speed in provincial areas but when in a major area where there are dedicated towers then it is acceptable. I can't give you a number as it changes with so many variables. It is not consistent. But on the whole, the speed at its best is comparable to the speed I used to have with the SmatBro Canopy on the roof. In practical terms that means it takes a long time to download a movie but, at its best you can at least watch a youtube video without waiting for buffering. (but only just)

Thank you.

Yes, factors as distance to the tower (?) and how many users for the moment, I guess.

I will be rather satisfied if I can look at Web-TV without stops, when "everyone" else are sleeping :) after I have moved there (using static antenna to make the signal stronger if needed, but still same speed.)

intrepid
Posted
Posted

In December 2011, MR LEE asked if anyone is yet using SMART Unlimited Web Surfing Plan. No one had responded and the topic was locked. This plan appeals to me but I am also wondering if anyone can give a report as of reliabilty and speed. Also would just like to hear anyones views on other carriers and usage of a web surfing phone.

Go to http://m.smart.com.ph/surf using the mobile phone browser.

Hey Intrepid,

Long time no hear my friend. Let me research some posts regarding other mobile phone carriers.

I'll get back to you, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Hi Jake,

yes its been a while since I posted. But, I've been here almost daily checking in on new topics and observing from the grandstands. Still busy here with the family and trying to finish out my work commitment. It's now down to two years, ten months, seven days, four hours, and thirty-eight, make that 37 minuites! Not that I'm counting or anything like that :hystery: .

Anyway, thanks all for the posts. I used the Smart Bro last trips and as everyone noticed, faster speed and better reception around the larger citys than in the provinces. I want to use my phone more this next trip. I will use everyones opinions here to try and make a good judgement. :cheers:

danny

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For those areas reported to be slow, look into using an LTE stick... It still may not be the fastest but it will be faster - if it is available in that area of course! Most places are LTE compatible now.

Good to hear you on here again stranger! hehe!

:attention:

• Like 1