Subic Bay Recommendations

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm finally in Phils and I will be based in Laguna for the next several months. I think I will try to visit Subic for several days next week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to stay in the area while I look around with my girlfriend and her 8 year old daughter.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to get good "boots on the ground" information on Subic, I would love to hear them. There does not seem to be much information out there.

:cheersty:

Edited by OnMyWay

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay ....... we have a board member here that I believe lives in Subic but I can't for the life of me remember his name ...... might be good if you can contact him ..... also EJ lives up that way some where ...... Jake would know how to get a hold of him ..... good luck ..... glad to see you are here ..... enjoy ...... :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm finally in Phils and I will be based in Laguna for the several months. I think I will try to visit Subic for several days next week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to stay in the area while I look around with my girlfriend and her 8 year old daughter.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to get good "boots on the ground" information on Subic, I would love to hear them. There does not seem to be much information out there.

:cheersty:

From my piss poor memory, I believe the following members live/has lived in or near Subic Bay: Gapotwo, Garpo and Subic Steve. I was born in Olongapo but haven't been there since 1997, when I returned back to USA. You may find many expats living north of Olongapo (about 15 minutes ride) called Subic City and Barrio Barretto. It's a beach resort resort community -- kind of reminds me of Angeles City transplanted on the beach.

If you want to find accommodations inside the formal US naval base, here is one of the many sites to consider:

http://www.agoda.com...jR+wXCOf14iyw==

Enjoy your new life of adventure!

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted (edited)

OnMyWay

I am still in the states but will be moving to Subic in 32 days. The Baloy area has a bunch of hotels.

http://www.arizonasubic.com

http://www.drydensubic.com

I also sent you a PM

Note from the boss, I fixed the links as all were broken but I stuffed the last one, sorry. Feel free to post it again.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- fixed links

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tips everyone! I managed to catch a cold so I will just be resting and researching for the next day or two.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

jonSun
Posted
Posted

I heard the beaches inland past the port tend to have not as good water & after swimming you get a lil itchy. Anyone confirm?

• 4 weeks later...
wingmanPI
Posted
Posted (edited)

if you need any info on living in subic head to lagoon resort on baloy beach in barrio barretto.

after 3 PM ask for cliff or liza they are the owners. they are very nice people and I am sure willing

to give you a run down on subic info. tell them dan and rida sent you. if you need any general

info feel free to PM me. cheers!

Edited by wingmanPI
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
oinkoink
Posted
Posted

Just my opinion one mans meat and all that but here goes , I look for the best value for money and comfortable rooms,, after trying many Subic  hotels over three years because I like the place my take on hotels is as follows ,

Small hotel but nice bar food, atmosphere and  management Harleys from 1200 pesos  ,

Bigger rooms nice nice pool good front gate security and bar  / resto area so relaxing, this has new beds air con renovated very nice and  very comfortble the Waterfront hotel from 999 pesos is a great deal , a few to avoid for me never again hotels would be Treasure Island , grubby broken tiles in the pool area, very average food and  slow restaraunt service, the room was really not worth the money along a dirt road that floods if it rains hard I will avoid staying again, Trader Ricks , small rooms small resto area , average food cramped and down that dusty dirt road like the Treasure Island hotel is     Arizona , unless you pay higher for better rooms the cheaper rooms are not worth bothering with my opinion , beware if taking your wife or GF  they have a girlie bar on site Scores some tired dragons within did I see , worse there is a dog in the restaurant that urinates , yes honestly ,and why I checked out double quick ....

• Like 4

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

http://www.subicparkhotel.com/

A cosy small hotel with everything you need and walking distance to nice restaurants but if you want beach...got to drive further...

Since you are with your gf and an 8 years old one, suits you the best. It is a what is called "family hotel" but never the less during night time the fun is just 40 steps away to the NICE (I loved it) Pier one bar next door. Even if you do not take any girls worth the entertainment with nice show, great band, wonderful staff (as soon as you tell them you are not interested in girls, no hooker looks at you again) great drinks Beer comes ice cold without ice cubes, spirits are good too and priced very moderately. I got drunk as a sailor over there...wife was sleeping with son in the hotel...God thanks it was besides and I found the way back!!!!

Next day in the morning I ordered bloody Mary's to fight the bloody hangover and continue my fun, surprisingly enough the hotel staff made me a couple of the BEST I ever had!!!!

The food at the hotel is not so great and DO NOT TAKE the food inclusive package. but plenty of nice restos just walking distance.

Get a room on the first floor since it has no elevator and if available any room that is not facing the pool to avoid all the noises from the people in the pool, kids.

• Like 2