Aggh Another Holiday When Going To Immigration

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I followed my own not-so-good advice and did some searches and some of the sites did not even list the holiday yesterday so I would use this govt site but it does not include local holidays. Very confusing, best to call first if you're coming from a good distance away.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For those living in Cebu, here is a link to the city's holiday schedule as well as the PI schedule. http://www.cebucity.gov.ph/news-announcements/holidays . Note that 26 Oct 2012 was the date for Eidul Adha which is observed as part of Ramadan. This date is fluid and will change from year to year and even by locality and other factors.

Please note that this link does not include Cebu provincial holidays - which we are suppose to find on their website but unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with a page (other than the announcement that Aug 6 was a holiday).

Also please note that some departments (such as BI) may also have their own schedules with extras added on. Always check with the particular government department prior to planning a trip there to ensure that they are in fact going to be open.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)
For those living in Cebu, here is a link to the city's holiday schedule as well as the PI schedule. http://www.cebucity....ements/holidays .

Thanks Bob, that was what I was looking for and to everyone else.

I was in there this morning at 10, I have never seen it so crowded, there was hardly standing room only with people spilling out onto the outside. one cue went right around the room and back again, We got out of there around 3.30pm. My icard was not even there after 2 months so they asked for a copy of the receipt and passport and said they would send away to Manila for it.

My visa expired on Saturday but they never had an issue with it and I pointed it out to them I came on Friday when the holiday was on. I have no idea what their reply was as there was so much noise and it's not easy listening through a glass window with a tiny hole and the person speaking from nearly 4 feet back. Lesson learned, never think there won't be a holiday and another lesson never go on a Monday after a Friday holiday and .....

Edited by Adventurer

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just remember - that list I posted does not include the Provincial holidays! And those would include the one you just had...!

:mocking:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I followed my own not-so-good advice and did some searches and some of the sites did not even list the holiday yesterday so I would use this govt site but it does not include local holidays. Very confusing, best to call first if you're coming from a good distance away.

For those living in Cebu, here is a link to the city's holiday schedule as well as the PI schedule. http://www.cebucity....ements/holidays . Note that 26 Oct 2012 was the date for Eidul Adha which is observed as part of Ramadan. This date is fluid and will change from year to year and even by locality and other factors.

What?! The Philippines has named several places after me, but no holiday???!!! :)

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The Holidays are posted on the door of BOI in Davao, even early closing

here is a easy way that Forum members will know when the upcoming holidays are..

:AddEmoticons04230: thanks to OKIEBOY,, :AddEmoticons04230:

when a member goes to the BI, look on the Door,(for upcoming holidays)

when you return home and log on to the FORUM

inform us the info you saw posted :th_thbestpost:

• Like 1