Ooooooo You People Are So Lucky ... Lol

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OH MY GOD .... O-U-C ...... I'm downloading some instructions for Sony Vegas 12 (64 bit) right now cause I took one look at the program and decided real quick like that my tiny pea brain was going to have trouble figuring this monster out ..... I never saw so many choices and selections except maybe with Acrobat 9 Pro ...... took a couple of videos at the Ayala Mall today so I got something to work with anyway ..... IF I EVER FIGURE THIS BEAST OUT ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... again thanks for the great tips ... as usual ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

mike if u want i send you a youtube site where a guy teaches how to use vegas pro how to edit and render settings hes pretty good for starting out i know vegas can be a bit over whelming at first but its actually pretty easy once you know the basics !! send me a message ok i will send it too you !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

My god this video recording stuff is time consuming ..... first I had to find a program to change my MOV files to MP4 (took nearly all day) ..... after trying several I settled on Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate ...... it is not to bad as it will change file types and also combine videos all in one ...... now I have to try and learn Sony Vegas Pro 12 ...... if that doesn't work .... Cyberlink Director 10 looks easier ..... then on to Handbrake to wrap it all up ...... and finally a case of Red Horse and a bottle of aspirin (not both at once) to help restore my sanity ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: .... and just think all I thought I had to do was take a video ..... download it to my computer and upload it to the forum ....... yea right ..... fat chance of that happening ...... :mocking: :tiphat:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
fat chance of that happening ......

Ohh... so you have met the chance brothers... slim and none!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Could have got OpenShot... I believe it will do all that....

:mocking:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
fat chance of that happening ......

Ohh... so you have met the chance brothers... slim and none!

Ahhhhhhh ... so you have heard of our little family .......... I'm the third brother ...... Fat Chance ................ :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob ...... I'll do some research and check it out .... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob ...... I'll do some research and check it out .... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

Because you are a Windows user, you would have to set up a dual boot system (very easy to do) with a basic Linux OS or get a flash drive and install your Linux on that - put the USB stick in on boot and it will run that one instead of windows until you reboot with the stick out. Yeah, I know.... An entire OS on a USB stick... Nice, eh? If you are interested in that one, let me know and I"ll help you set one up. It's pretty easy to do.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the offer but they do have a version for Windows now .... but it still lacks some stuff I want .... so I'm back to trying out Cyberlink Director 10 Ultra (64 bit) .... except it only renders in Avi, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, h.264 AVC, WMV, MPEG 4, and MOV ...... well I'm already in MOV and I don't want to render it in that because when I upload not to many people can open MOV files ......

I'm told WMV is just as good as MPEG 2 but takes less bites to upload (rendering is another issue though .... takes longer than MPEG 2) ...... I'm not really sure what formats the board supports ..... as all my original videos will be in MOV it will I guess be simple to convert to a different format and just use that each time ..... I can watch my MOV using GOM player but no sound as it needs Apple to do that ....

Tried using Vegas Pro 12 but even the rendering there won't let me put the format to MP4 but instead when rendered it goes to MP4.sfl which my system can't open ..... I would like to learn Vegas Pro 12 even if I don't know how to use all the bells and whistles but learn as I go along .... to begin with I can just use the basics ..... going from a cheaper program to a more expensive (more features) means I will have to try and learn 2 different programs and I need to KISS (keep it simple stupid) otherwise I will be as lost as a goose in a snowstorm ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I'm still reviewing some tutorials about Vegas Pro 12 on YouTube ..... maybe my itsy bitsy brain will finally grasp it ..... :th_unfair: :tiphat: ..... :cheersty:

TOM ...... what formats do you have on the board for videos ..... I guess that is the first step ..... :thumbsup: ...... :tiphat:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
jkim248
Posted
Posted

Man, people are LOADED.

I can't afford Sony Vegas Pro.

And I won't use a cracked version cuz it puts too much malware on my computer.

I spent all my money on the camcorder rather than software.

Sony HD-PJ760 with CRAZY optical stabilization.

It's like it has an eyeball that moves as the camera moves.

Will stick with my PowerDirector 11.

Doesn't have all the feature I want but at least it's affordable. (in both time and money.)

Here is a guide I read that help me learn about video encoding.

http://www.behardware.com/articles/828-1/h-264-encoding-cpu-vs-gpu-nvidia-cuda-amd-stream-intel-mediasdk-and-x264.html

What all those IBBBPBBIBB means any why processor encoding is better and why variable index frame rules them all.

This is a guide for MP4 (H.264) format.

Supported by xbox, ipad, iphone, Apple TV, etc

• Like 1