Look Up! Law Against Promoting Datingsites!!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

(Not only for foreigners, but perhaps extra risk we break the law because we are foreigners with Filipina gf/wife outselves.)

A good law against trafficing and such,

FORBID GOOD things too!!!

MINIMUM 6 years prison plus minimum 8000 pesos fine, AND IF FOREIGNER DEPORTED EMIDIATLY AND FOR EVER.

http://www.familymat...Order Bride.htm

(I have seen it a more official website too, so it's true.

Specialy note the 2;3, because such "crime" we can do without even thinking of it.

To solicit, enlist or in any manner attract or induce any Filipino woman to become a member in any club or association whose objective is to match women for marriage to foreign nationals either on a mail-order basis or through personal introduction for a free;

(I suppose "free" is a missprint meaning "fee", but it refers to the club/assosiation anyway, so no differens in crime point of view for someone supporting such anyway, if I understand the law correct.)

Edited by Thomas

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with the law. The mail-order bride business should be stamped out. There is nothing in the law that prohibits foreigners from using any of the dating sites to find someone. The law is against running the business, not being a customer of that business.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with the law. The mail-order bride business should be stamped out. There is nothing in the law that prohibits foreigners from using any of the dating sites to find someone. The law is against running the business, not being a customer of that business.

(See my quote in the earlier post.) Sorry I had made the text to small to read earlier :)

Not illegal to use himself,

BUT if I interpret the quoted part of the law text corect, it's even against the law to RECOMEND a serious datingsite!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

(See my quote in the earlier post.) Sorry I had made the text to small to read earlier :)

Not illegal to use himself,

BUT if I interpret the quoted part of the law text corect, it's even against the law to RECOMEND a serious datingsite!

What they are trying to get across is that the business of trying to get people to join a dating site through paying to be on that site is not allowed. To recommend that a friend try that site does not mean you are making money off them and this is fine.

If you go to most dating sites now, you will see that it is free to join. It is only to use certain features of the site that you have to pay for - such as sending a personal letter, etc. This is what is referred to now for a "Pay Site". These sites have gotten around the law this way and are thus legal to operate.

If you try to find some of the older and truly free dating sites that used to be around before the change in methodology of the more commercial sites, try looking into Pen Pal sites. These are the ones that usually have no fees and are often associated to a charity of some kind. They may ask for a voluntary donation but it is just that - a donation. And, believe it or not, quite a few of these girls are not always looking for a relationship but sometimes just want a pen pal!

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW ...... there is going to be a lot of relatives and friends very unhappy now that they can't recommend their colleges to a foreigner for marriage especially if there is a dowry involved ..... :hystery: ....... sorry couldn't resist ...... :nudie: :tiphat:

Funny it only involves foreigners ...... you mean it is perfectly legal to open a mail-order bride business for Filipinos ...... :mocking: :hystery:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
What they are trying to get across is that the business of trying to get people to join a dating site through paying to be on that site is not allowed. To recommend that a friend try that site does not mean you are making money off them and this is fine. If you go to most dating sites now, you will see that it is free to join. It is only to use certain features of the site that you have to pay for - such as sending a personal letter, etc. This is what is referred to now for a "Pay Site". These sites have gotten around the law this way and are thus legal to operate.

English isn't my father's language, but don't the law text I quoted has wider meaning than that, inluding ANYONE supporting it? Even newspapers which allow adds break that law they tell in other part of the text.

Do the Philippine court realy find the second part OK? "Free" in start is worthless if can't get in contact without paying, and ad financed website businesses are businesses too :)

Funny it only involves foreigners ...... you mean it is perfectly legal to open a mail-order bride business for Filipinos ......

No :) As I wrote in my first posts it's same for all except kanos are deported too for livetime. Not so funny if having home and family there.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
View PostMike S, on 29 October 2012 - 08:19 AM, said: Funny it only involves foreigners ...... you mean it is perfectly legal to open a mail-order bride business for Filipinos ...... No :) As I wrote in my first posts it's same for all except kanos are deported too for livetime. Not so funny if having home and family there.
Quote To solicit, enlist or in any manner attract or induce any Filipino woman to become a member in any club or association whose objective is to match women for marriage to foreign nationals either on a mail-order basis or through personal introduction for a free;

The quote you made specifically refers to .... and I quote ....... "To solicit, enlist or in any manner attract or induce any Filipino woman to become a member in any club or association whose objective is to match women for marriage to foreign nationals either on a mail-order basis or through personal introduction for a free"

Hence my comment about "Funny it only involves foreigners ...... you mean it is perfectly legal to open a mail-order bride business for Filipinos" ..... maybe I should have said " a mail order bride business just for male and female Filipinos ..... as in Filipinas marring Filipinos ...... :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thomas, your messages are fairly easy to understand your English is fine. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that English is not easy and even native speakers some of the wording can be ambiguos and or confusing mix in the fact even educated Filipinos are ESL so Filipino laws writen in English can be "interesting".

It often seems to me that the so called laws over there are slanted how to best screw Foreigners.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
you mean it is perfectly legal to open a mail-order bride business for Filipinos" ..... maybe I should have said " a mail order bride business just for male and female Filipinos .....

Haha! I thought you ment "legal for Filipinos to have such business". OK.

Yes, some odd the Government find it better how many Filipinos treat their wifes and childrem just leaving them without sending money,

but want to stop foreigners marrying Filipinas even if moving to the Philippines!!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, your messages are fairly easy to understand your English is fine. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that English is not easy and even native speakers some of the wording can be ambiguos and or confusing mix in the fact even educated Filipinos are ESL so Filipino laws writen in English can be "interesting".

It often seems to me that the so called laws over there are slanted how to best screw Foreigners.

Thank you!

Actualy I write some grammer errors on purpouse sometimes, when I write long sentences and find English puting important words to far away from some main text, with long/several subordinate clauses in between.

Plus I have got my English messed up by written a lot of errors on purpouse, writing simpler words and such to make it easier to understand for people, who are bad at English. (I have worked much with Russians. Sometimes I have even written very obvious language errors on purpouse to them to boost their English knowledge self asteam :hystery:

Yes, there can be a lot of errors written in father's language too, Now I have forgot much English grammer rules and spelling, but actualy back in school I wrote rather many errors in Swedish, being occupied by writing the content fast, while I wrote almost no errors in English thinking more of grammer and spelling than in the content back then.

• Like 3