For Those From Northern Climates - Has Your Body Adjusted To The Hot Humid Climate?

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

its getting cold here now so a extra layer of clothing is needed no shorts for work, i dont sweat much at all on my trips to the phils but thats just on holiday, like some have said you do see lots of little towels around peoples necks,

Perhaps you are Pisces zodiak? We pisces sweat much less than other people, except sweaty feet :)

(But I sweat some too in moist heat.)

Don't know if the WC swimmer from Finnland is Pisces. Even news reported he even could walk on the beach without sweat, when it was so hot so other people poor away just by staying still. Or perhaps he had exersiced so much in Finnish Saunas so he find 45 C being cold :hystery:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

Steve
Posted
Posted

It takes me about two weeks to get somewhat adjusted. I had tried salt pills but didn't notice a difference. I'd say it just takes time to adjust. But wearing lighter material clothes has helped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
No1Dad
Posted
Posted

I don't think you ever get used to it. My gf's Lola is 82 years old and lived here her whole life. The first thing she says to me every day is "it's too hot!" If she's still complaining about it then us northerners have no hope.

They do sell dri-fit t-shirts in the Nike stores however. Amazingly you can sweat like a pig and never end up with it showing thru your shirt.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I dress in shorts and basketball tops (sleaveless) and wear flip-flops. That helps a lot, but then i have to be careful of sun burns.

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I only sweat when I breathe...so I should be okay when I move fulltime to PI...

:36_1_68[1]:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

no chance of sweating here in the uk , cold, floods and high windows

Lobstered
Posted
Posted

I am deinfitely able to outside more than I was when I first moved to Asia but i still sweat a lot but as long as I keep hydrated I fee no bad effects. When I first moved here half an hour outside and I needed to spend the rest of the day recovering.

jojones
Posted
Posted

I'm from the UK and have still not got used to the humidity after 5 years. Aircon is a must for me, I literally never use my living room as it doesn't have aircon. If I think back to when I arrived I'm pretty sure I avoided cotton T-shirts for the first year and wore thin, baggy, button shirts instead. Nowadays I'm back on the cotton t-shirts so I guess I have got used to it somewhat.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just wanted to point out that different areas around the Philippines have different climate. Cebu City is one of the hottest, most polluted and most humid of climates in the months from May to Nov (opinion only but it is verified, for me, every time I get off the ferry in Cebu). Other areas of Cebu island and other islands nearby are not quite as intense and if anyone is in Cebu and has trouble adjusting to the climate then I suggest trying other places.

• Like 1