Taken For A Ride By A Taxi Driver

tiger31
Posted
Posted

now this I guess was my fault for not checking the opening times on the website but took a taxi to immigration to get yet another extension today .The taxi driver never said a word until we got there CLOSED oh yeah he said its not open on saturdays S.O.B now that really does piss me off big time .I have been here 18 months and not realy had any crap with the taxi,s ,and I use a lot of them as i cant get into a trike very well .The thing was I shoud have got out and got another cab instead of him taking me home again .I am cutting it fine as my stamp is up on monday lol rant over..

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you said to him "why didn`t you tell me is was not open" he would would say "but you didn`t ask me" Dammed if you do dammed if you don`t. My friend had the same with air tickets for Manila. He told the woman why he was going there but she didn`t tell him it was a holiday 1/2 november 4000pesos down the drain.

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Best laugh all day thanks Tiger

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have driven taxi both as a teen and after 9/11 when IT in Canada went down the drain. I can say that many people will get in and say they want to go to a certain location even though they know it's closed - because it is a well known focal point for where they are truly going. As the driver and questioning them on going to a closed location often got you a dirty look and no tip...!

:mocking:

• Like 3

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
As the driver and questioning them on going to a closed location often got you a dirty look and no tip...!

Apparently Canada is the same as USA... no good deed goes unpunished.

• Like 3

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't blame the driver. I would blame myself!

Look at it from his point too. He drives everywhere and is programmed to take people to where they tell him. He doesn't have to question why? He just does and that's what he did!

If it was me, I would go back home, look in the mirror and scream it out .. STUPID ME :hystery:

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... I feel your pain .... BUT ..... I personally don't know of to many government offices open on Sat. (now I could be wrong on this) but I tend to look at them like I did in the US .... all closed on the weekend ..... most are just Mon. to Fri. ..... also a Filipino ...... like me .... will only offer info when asked ..... it's safer that way .... :mocking: ... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

well i guess when I turned up on a public holiday doesn't seem so bad now :)

don't worry tiger, you will be fine getting there on Monday. I went there on a Monday after my visa expired on the Saturday and I had no problem. I would suggest to get there really early though especially on a Monday ;)

• Like 3