Betrayal

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

For the record, I thought his drug abuse was behind him. I knew he used to use a lot, but thought he had slown down or stopped since having kids and no money. I didn't know I was hanging out with a current user.

• Like 5

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

When it comes to Meth, there are few "live" past users, it is that addictive.

Once addicted, you are addicted for life and only the strongest willed are the only ones who can fight the temptation, but even then, they usually slide back into the meth pit and finally end up dead.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
One acquaintance (but not a friend thankfully) showed a group of his students the old 1950s "Killer Marijuana" film where the one kid jumps off the roof of the building and dies.

The movie is "Reefer Madness" made in the 30s. The one who jumped was a woman who didn't want to testify against a friend who killed another friend in a "marijuana-induced" frenzy. Classic stuff.

Judging by all the tubes on the side of the road, the drug of choice where I live appears to be glue which causes irreversible damage to brain, heart, liver, etc. At least the country's draconian drug laws are keeping the youth away from the evil weed.

• Like 4

Julia
Posted
Posted
I tend to stay clear of locals and foreigners alike if they are friends of shabu.

:agree:

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
One acquaintance (but not a friend thankfully) showed a group of his students the old 1950s "Killer Marijuana" film where the one kid jumps off the roof of the building and dies.

The movie is "Reefer Madness" made in the 30s. The one who jumped was a woman who didn't want to testify against a friend who killed another friend in a "marijuana-induced" frenzy. Classic stuff.

Judging by all the tubes on the side of the road, the drug of choice where I live appears to be glue which causes irreversible damage to brain, heart, liver, etc. At least the country's draconian drug laws are keeping the youth away from the evil weed.

Problem with weed is it gives the munchies. Apparently the whole reason for glue - aka rugby - is to stifle hungry tummies.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know shabu is a drug but what drug is it

Shabu is methamphetamine. We in the west are more familiar with the names Ice, Crank, Crystal Meth or even Speed.

I`m not familiar with it at all Bob.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I"m not familiar with what they look like all that well either. I do not do any drugs at all except for a little tobacco or alcohol on occasional, And my heart meds... hehe! And I refuse to associate with people who do drugs (except a little munchymaker) - even if they were friends and other than trying to get them to get back off of them.

I once went to see a friend who had gotten onto a weight-loss kick. He had lost almost 40 pounds of fat and turned it all into muscle. I asked him how he did it and he pulled out a jar full of these strange looking crystals. That was it! He knew my feelings towards drugs and I yelled at him where he could shove it all as I was getting up to leave! Man was I ever pissed off at him! End of friendship. When he started laughing so hard he was crying, I looked at him over my shoulder and stopped dead in my tracks. He was holding the jar so I could see the label - pure unflavoured and unsweetened gelatin. An old body-builder's trick - pure protein (I believe) and no calories.

Sometimes I feel sooooo stupid! :attention:

• Like 2

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife was using shabu when she was a lot younger. It's the main reason she left her ex, cuz she wanted to work and provide for the family but he was only interested in using and selling.

Throughout our time together any time I've taken a liberal stand on drugs she's gotten really angry, possibly fearing that I'd become an addict one day.

I guess, for her sake, I should also steer clear of anything. I'd hate to be the one to give her reason to start using again one day.

Still i hope that weed is legal in Canada one day.

Edited by ekimswish
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Still i hope that weed is legal in Canada one day.

With 2 USA states, Colorado and Washington having passing legalization a few weeks ago it may only be a few years until it is legal across much of north america.

• Like 1