Trip To Dalaguete

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you go a little further south to Alcoy there's a nice resort and restaurant, Bodo's Bamboo Bar, on the right heading south. It's up a short but steep little hill. Beautiful view and good food, run by a German.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
just maybe a little closer to some sort of health-care
There are a few hospitals here in Bacolod ranging from good to bad. The worst is the Provincial Hospital on the corner of Burgos & Lacson St. You only go there to die. The best one is Dr Paublo O Torre (Riverside) on BS Aquino Dr across from 26th St near Lacson. 2nd place is Doctor's Hospital further down the street from Riverside. 3rd one is Sanitariam (No not a nut house) in Brgy Taculing.
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you for that info Steve ..... we'll have a look at them when we get there in a few weeks .... :thumbsup: .... :cheersty:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Mike Did you come into Dalaguete town? Was the place called TCs or Ocean bay?

Not sure ..... :hystery: :hystery: ...... but when we made the hair-pin turn and headed what looked like away from the ocean the place was behind a high concrete wall ..... if my poor old memory servers me correctly it was I believe coral pink or maybe orange or some color in between .... :mocking: .... anyway when you drive in the restaurant is on the left and the Motel on the right ...... they had a ships bell hanging at the bar for shouting drinks during happy hour so I assume it is owned or was owned by a foreigner .....

By the way as that is in your neck of the woods it looked very peaceful and serene but not a whole lot to do there .... which would be fine for me ..... as I enjoy the peace and quite ..... going to look for something like that when we get to Negros ..... just maybe a little closer to some sort of health-care ..... :cheersty:

That was Ocean Bay and the health here is very good for the provinces. We have two hospitals one minutes walk away. Yes mike it is very quiet here but for someone (me) who is retired there does not seem to be enough time in the day funny thing is there is not as much going on here as in say Cebu city but I am never bored.There is a gym here ( sweatshop) and I can go swimming anytime I want without travelling. I have made some very good friends here and my boss is friends with their wives.I stayed in Cebu city for a year and only had one good friend there,here it is much more friendly but there is chica chica but i don`t care about that I have found the place I am happy with. Good luck on Negros plenty of places there to choose from maybe you should ask Jack peterson for some info he lives near Dumaguete.
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Good luck on Negros plenty of places there to choose from maybe you should ask Jack peterson for some info he lives near Dumaguete.

Thanks sonjack2847 ...... we or I would love to find a place like that .... yea Jack is a wee bit to far south ... we will be looking a bit further north somewhere around Bacolod ..... as we now have a car I don't mind living out from the city but able to make it back in a few hours ..... there are some beaches in the area we would like to move to but nothing like what you have with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other ...... you do definitely have a great place to live ..... I envy you .... :thumbsup: ... :cheersty:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
but forgot the USB cord for the video cam at home

thats not so bad .............

one time when we were out and about, the husband was very happy taking video by just extending his hand and slowly pan the camera around to take a good long shot of the whole area only to discover after we left the area that he forgot to take off the camera lense cover ..................

and of course it was my fault :rolleyes: for not telling him the lense cover was on but keep posing for the camera complete with commentary of the place .........

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
but forgot the USB cord for the video cam at home

thats not so bad .............

one time when we were out and about, the husband was very happy taking video by just extending his hand and slowly pan the camera around to take a good long shot of the whole area only to discover after we left the area that he forgot to take off the camera lense cover ..................

and of course it was my fault :rolleyes: for not telling him the lense cover was on but keep posing for the camera complete with commentary of the place .........

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I wonder how many others would admit to doing this? I know I have.... :mocking:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
he forgot to take off the camera lense cover ..................

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... Ash ... if you see some of my videos that I don't bother to edit and you see a long black spot before you see the camera jiggle and the picture suddenly appear it is because I forgot to take the lens cap off also ...... it happens so believe me .... the newer more expensive camcorders now have a automatic cap that removes itself like shutter ..... but us po' boys can't aford dem .... :mocking:

• Like 2