Plastic..... Surgery

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Fake is not beautiful

And yet, how many of us foreign men have fake teeth rather than having them pulled? How many amputees have fake hands instead of imitating Cap'n Hook?

My mother was a victim of breast cancer and now has a fake boob. She is beautiful because it makes her feel beautiful. My front teeth are fake, yet my wife tells me constantly how she is so happy I did that because she never liked my real teeth.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and one person's fake is another person's enhancement. Do whatever enhancements ya feel are important to ya as long as you can afford it.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have mixed feelings about cosmetic surgery.

Some people may have deep rooted self-consciousness about a certain part of their body, and getting it fixed can be a very positive event in their life. Who am I to deny them that, if they can afford it? However, if the source of their self perceived problem is peer pressure or the media, that introduces other questions to be answered.

Another problem is that so many go overboard with it. Especially with breasts. I am not a fan of huge breasts. It seems that when women get it done, they go waaay too big! As women get older, most will lose some of their youthful breast shape. I see nothing wrong with adding some shape back, but please ladies, don't go crazy with it! Especially with a petite woman like most Filipinas, going too big will look very unnatural and be a dead giveaway that you had it done.

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

My wife did a nose plastic surgery despite my opposition to it. Simply when we first started living here, my helper (a girl from the province 20 years old) was extremely beautiful and the people who did not know us in the subdivision were wondering who's the wife and who's the maid...So she made it clear to all she is the wife...

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

when I said "fake is not beautiful", I was referring to those women you see you have had so much plastic surgery that they don't look real any more. Bust, butt, eyes, chin, nose and more on one person just looks funny... Yes, I do agree that replacing something we lost is great but for no true reason the need to over-enhance - that is what I am not a fan of.

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Hispanic blood courses through my wife's family tree, and growing up, she always felt that her small nose (which is by no means flat) was inadequate compared to the aquiline profiles of her siblings. She toyed with the idea of having surgery, but someone wise told her to wait and see until she came to Canada - then she would realize how unimportant it is once she is exposed to diverse cultures. And, that is how it played out.

Five years after she migrated to Canada, we met, and even then, she was still a little self-conscious of her nose. However, she did pick up on the downside of having a truly prominent one. (Once she heard me remark that so and so had such a big honker that displaced the rest of her features - and she agreed!)

It is no longer an issue for her. At some point, she came across an article that purported that the universal standard of beauty hearkens back to how a baby looks - big round eyes, small nose, and a tiny mouth. Upon reading this, she came to realize something that I could have told her - she already embodies those traits!

• Like 5

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

a pal of mine from my college days had her nose done. i must say, it really makes her more pretty. athough she was forever wary when she is out in the open sun that she doesnt stay long for fear of her nose going squint :lol:

another friend who was very pretty but her front teeth was just awful and she feel so self-conscious talking or laughing that most of the time she covers her mouth. Eventually, she had her teeth (both upper/lower) done and my goodness - she was quite a looker!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
a pal of mine from my college days had her nose done. i must say, it really makes her more pretty.

Making it biger or smaller? When kano women change their noses it's normaly to smaller :mocking:

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Ya the western women want a smaller nose and the eastern women want a bigger nose. Westerners want tanned skin and Easterners white. Grass is always greener as they say.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I like my Special Someone just the way she is... Perfect!

:dance:

• Like 1