Just Bought A New Cellphone

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is any help but maybe this app here might do what you want, http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/how-to-root-myphone-ts1-duo/

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is any help but maybe this app here might do what you want, http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/how-to-root-myphone-ts1-duo/

Thank you sir I'll check it out tomorrow ...... by the way I'm using the 858 now to post here .. sure is different .... LOL

By the way this phone does not have G3 if that is something you have to have .... the next model does but it is p2000 more .... just thoughtI would let you guys know .....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I"m not a phone guy - I am more of the bigger than hand-held size type... No, Jake, not that kind of hand held... (couldn't resist... sorry Jake! :mocking: ) But there is some overlap and I have learned a few things along the way... IF you want to put one of the Android 4's into your phone, you are going to need minimum 512 meg ram, a 1 Ghz cpu and also make sure you have a more current processor - most of the older processors can't handle 4 properly. If your phone can't handle 3G, i don't think it will handle 4. You can try if you want - but it could also make it into a nice brick.

If you really want to have fun with your phone, consider stepping up into something that comes with a dual-core processor. Why? Because very shortly you will be able to run Ubuntu (Linux) on your phone. What does that mean? Using the docking station that comes with phones of this calibre, you can add a keyboard, mouse and monitor - your new home pc that, when out of the dock, you take with you in your pocket, on the belt or in the palm of your hand. And the aim is to be able to use either Ubuntu alone, Android alone or both of them at the same time WITHOUT having to reboot your phone. So while you are on the phone, you can be downloading that movie to watch later. Trust me - it's pretty cool to see and do! And nobody else has this yet!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
And now for a fairytale .......Once upon a time .... in a land far far away ..... I did download and try Lindows

Lindows should only be spoken of in a fairytale! It's more Windows than LInux...

:mocking:

• Like 1