Planning To Move To Ph: Question To Cost Of Living Around Cebu Area

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Have you looked at all the zones available Thomas? Maybe there is something to suit you but for an IT man a good and reliable internet speed is essential so locating in an IT park makes sense.

Yes, I took a quick look where there are export zones a year ago. But I don't like cities, I don't even like to live in villages. My ideal "office" is on a veranda at my home with a stunning view and no neighbours within hearing distance. So I don't believe there are any PEZA export zones suiting me :hystery:

But some types of IT jobs (as e g website productions) can be done mainly OFFLINE. Then can loadings be done when not even working. (=Back when there were no broadbands, then I started transfers when I went to do something else as e g eating.)

Not so important with speed then, but need access enough, so the loadings are finnished, when coming back after sleeping :)

Internet is improved in Phili in rural regions too. E g a new cable is planned in east Bohol.

Curley
Posted
Posted
But some types of IT jobs (as e g website productions) can be done mainly OFFLINE. Then can loadings be done when not even working. (=Back when there were no broadbands, then I started transfers when I went to do something else as e g eating.) Not so important with speed then, but need access enough, so the loadings are finnished, when coming back after sleeping

We are not talking about web building, the OP stated that he has been doing web support and for that he will need a reliable internet connection.

So, they are putting in a new cable in Bohol...... when will it be completed and when will general connections to it be available? I won't hold my breath. :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We are not talking about web building, the OP stated that he has been doing web support and for that he will need a reliable internet connection.

Corect. I ment in general within IT jobs there are several, which can be done mainly offline. (Besides coding, there are e g banners, animations, content writing, database inputs...)

So, they are putting in a new cable in Bohol...... when will it be completed and when will general connections to it be available? I won't hold my breath.

I don't know, just a kano living there told me such a cable is planed to be added during 2013 along the highway in northeast Bohol.

But an other told much possible speed is wasted by Phili Internet suppliers don't understand/bother about installing connections spread enough, so most users get to long distance to the connections to have a chance geting the otherwice possible higher speed :boohoo: :23_11_62[1]:

As he said - they only install connections close to the barangar offices !... :)

• 2 months later...
wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

here I am again guys!!

after about a 6 month absence I like to know how much things have changed. I'm still planning to come to Cebu( not sure of my exact date as of now) but my new plans are to get a sdr apartment for about 6 months to get a better feel for the place my GF( yes I'm still planning on that) and I will live together for that time ( already did the "keep your family at bay" bit :bash: ) and will marry after that time :cheersty: . I have a good savings now low US$000,000K and hope to do some 30 day TD's with metrobank along with my meager pension to make things meet(living exspences). How am I doing thus far? :1 (103): anything to spoil my dream at this time? :1 (72):

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

here I am again guys!!

after about a 6 month absence I like to know how much things have changed. I'm still planning to come to Cebu( not sure of my exact date as of now) but my new plans are to get a sdr apartment for about 6 months to get a better feel for the place my GF( yes I'm still planning on that) and I will live together for that time ( already did the "keep your family at bay" bit :bash: ) and will marry after that time :cheersty: . I have a good savings now low US$000,000K and hope to do some 30 day TD's with metrobank along with my meager pension to make things meet(living exspences). How am I doing thus far? :1 (103): anything to spoil my dream at this time? :1 (72):

Hello Wayne,

Welcome back sir! I assume you're talking about MetroBank in the Philippines? And I will also assume

that your bank in Cayman Islands is closely or directly associated with MetroBank, regarding their on line

banking, especially making international transfer of funds.

Visit us often.......you're missing a lot of good jokes lately!

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1