Abusive Foreigner - Pinoy Pride.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting news story to do with a minor road rage indecent.

There is no way to know who was right or wrong most likely both drivers acted foolishly.

What is interesting is the authors feelings to do with Foreigners typical xenophobic. More troubling the newspaper listed the Foreigners license plate number putting him at risk.

We don't know the facts but perhaps the Foreigner could have just changed lanes or somehow moved away defusing the situation. His actions could have caused an even more serious outcome there is no way to win in those situations.

The readers comments are unusual most supporting the Foreigner!!!!

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/opinion/2012/11/23/talk-back-abusive-foreigner-254687

• Like 4

gottawannalive
Posted
Posted

The comments are often more interesting than the artitles, particularly in this case.

• Like 5

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Just read all the comments to the story. Wow is all I can say. The complainant gets no sympathy and ends up being slammed on. Looks more like common sense prevails here.

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
The readers comments are unusual most supporting the Foreigner!!!!
:thumbsup:

YES YES INDEED

best comments I have read in a long time, :th_thbestpost:

I have included a few as soon the comments will be closed or not available

1.Learn to drive the proper way and no one will bother you. Most people who have driver license should not be on the road.

2, I cringed as I was reading this article. The fact that it is published manifests Philippine society's tolerance to xenophobia. While the government puts effort in painting a picture of Pinoys as hospitable hosts,

some locals tend to advocate hatred to guests who merely want to enjoy their stay in the country.

If this article were published in other countries, it will be taken as racially offensive. Diri pahambog pa...naa pa'y threat.

3. Maybe he is a Filipino citizen just like you. Maybe this is his country

and both of you should behave. Stop being prejudiced to someone who

looks different from you. Aetas look different too.

4, You were putting your sons life at risk by speeding also as this article basically admits you were speeding with the other vehicle so you should be done for speeding & wreckless driving whilst putting your own sons life at risk. If the owner of the other vehicle see this then he can use this as evidence against you also. You should have just kept within the speed limit & phoned the Police to let them handle the other motorist..

best post yet

** I am an Insurance Broker with Philinsure and I am in the business of

advising people how to manage their risks through insurance. As an

Insurance Broker, I represent my clients to the Insurance Companies and

negotiate in their behalf, the best rate, terms and conditions for their

insurance coverage.**

I got this from Linkedin... Have you calculated the risk of having this complaint posted here and in the Sunstar newspaper? Just asking...Ms. del Socorro.

• Like 3

United Army
Posted
Posted

After reading this article, and seeing how filipinos drive here in the Philippines, it most likely was the filipinos fault. Filipinos do not know how to drive, they go to slow, drive down the middle of the road, drive over the broken white lines on the road, etc., I'm sure you all have seen how they drive. Just plain stupid, it they do not know how to drive properly they should not be driving at all...just plain stupid people....

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

A followup letter from a foreigner in today's paper.

http://www.sunstar.c...-sunstar-255303

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, the comments were entertaining! If you read way down, someone gave all the information about her, apparently for payback for publishing his plate number. :hystery:

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

A followup letter from a foreigner in today's paper.

http://www.sunstar.c...-sunstar-255303

Wow, have any members experienced any of the things he described? Keying, tire slashing? Is he just to high profile or ???

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

While I can understand how the man in the first article felt but the guy ranting in the second one must be related to Joe Btfsplk ( LiL' Abner comic charactor)

post-11-0-70555400-1353991948_thumb.jpg

My god I have never heard of such bad luck .... or is it .... attitude brings on a lot of our own misfortunes and from what I've read ..... or rather what he wrote ... he seems to fit that profile to a tee ..... I have lived here more than 5 years and have never experenced anything he wrote about except being priced higher in either Colon or local markets ..... as far as major purchases go I have never heard of anyone in a dept store being asked to pay more ...... come on the price is on the item .... can't you read ..... here is a typical example of a very disgruntled foreigner who can't return to his home country and never should have moved here in the first place ..... IMHO ...... he will never be happy here no matter what ..... as for his next door neighbor girl who stole from him 4 times ..... the old saying "once fooled shame on you ... twice fooled same on me" .... but 4 times fooled ..... good god .... wise up man .... keep her out of your yard or don't leave stuff hanging around ..... oh well I guess I wear rose colored glasses ..... :hystery: :hystery: or am damn lucky .... :mocking:

• Like 2