Victory Liner Manila To Baguio City

Jake
Posted
Posted

Last April I used the normal Victory Liner aircon bus to/from Baguio. Same experience.

For my trip a couple months ago I used Partas to/from La Union. And to/from La Union to Baguio. I would compare their normal aircon bus to those of Victory Liner. For my return trip from La Union to Pasay I had a nicer bus with 3 across seating at no extra charge, no CR or wifi. 398php one way between Pasay and La Union. I think it was 98php one way between La Union and Baguio.

In all cases I just showed up at the bus terminal. Sometimes you can purchase tickets at the terminal when you arrive, sometimes you just get a number from someone for order of boarding, sometimes you just queue up as the bus arrives.

On the return trip from La Union to Pasay I had to stand for the first 15-20 minutes until enough people had departed the bus at a few stops before I had a seat. The bus conductor seemed to know what the status of all the passengers were and pointed out well in advance what seat I would have as that person would be getting off soon.

It's amazing how the bus conductors can remember the status of each and every passenger.

It's similar to the bet collector in a sabong (cock fighting) arena. Anyway, thank you guys for

the field report on various bus transportation. I'll have JGF give you guys a case of San Magoo

each....he, he.

• Like 4

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Fabulous reports by both OnMyWay and earthdome.

I have similar experiences on both bus lines. I have yet to experience the deluxe models but they sound like top shelf to me.

I have told friends about my experiences on the buses in PI and they are always interested and surprised about how well run they seem to be, IMHO. From the conductor to the on-again off-again vendors plying their wares...the efficient ticket punching of the conductor while standing up on a rapidly moving bus, bumping along is no easy task from my observation...there is so much to see and observe I have found while riding along from place to place...I actually enjoy and look forward to my journeys aboard...and I agree they seem to know everything going on...my asawa and I were traveling to Bali Hai resort in Bauang, La Union on Partas one trip and I never expected to be dropped off on the main highway right in front of the resort, but it happened...now that is customer service worth talking about!

Keep the reports coming~~~

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing!!! You changed my opinion.

I see how they drive and i always avoid riding them, my wife did her trip to baguio but i prefered flying her there. I only twice ride a bus, from Cagayan De Oro to Bukindon Valencia and from Dipolog to Cagayan De Oro...my experience was STAY AWAY from these buses!!!!

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

We flew to Baguio (when commercial flights were still available) since my wife felt that I would be too nervous with all the zig-zagging. Back then, we went through a travel agent while still in Canada, who was able to book the flight and the hotel for us.

Turns out she was right. Prior to going to Baguio, we went to Puerto Galera, and just the ride through Tagaytay made me nervous enough.

The other bonus of flying was the flight out. It felt like we just taxied off the runway and we were already at the right altitude.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing!!! You changed my opinion.

I see how they drive and i always avoid riding them, my wife did her trip to baguio but i prefered flying her there. I only twice ride a bus, from Cagayan De Oro to Bukindon Valencia and from Dipolog to Cagayan De Oro...my experience was STAY AWAY from these buses!!!!

The driving was a bit crazy! However the bus is our only option at this time so I just grin and bear it, just like with the wild rids on jeepneys, taxis and trikes.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
We flew to Baguio

The family here says there is always talk of resuming commercial flights. Apparently the terminal would need refurbishing and that is one of the sticking points.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Could you share some photos or the "deluxe" bus and of course the normal/regular one?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Could you share some photos or the "deluxe" bus and of course the normal/regular one?

I'll try to get some tomorrow!

• Like 2