Victory Liner Manila To Baguio City

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hello from the Victory Liner Deluxe bus! Free Wifi and they also hand out free to use Android tablets to those who want them! Right now the internet connection is very good. It was spotty earlier.

The bus is very nice! Like night and day difference from the old regular bus on the way up to Baguio. This bus is smooth and quiet, and the 3 across seats are very nice. I am in the single seat just in front of the CR (about in the middle of the bus) and it is actually a great seat because it tilts back further than the other seats. Plenty of legroom too, even if the seat in front leans back.

They handed out a snack and water, and they have a large flat screen for movies. We are watching the movie Big Miracle right now.

Not bad for about 15 USD! I took some pictures that I will share later.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
Could you share some photos or the "deluxe" bus and of course the normal/regular one?

Here are some pictures of the Deluxe bus with comments above the pictures:

The Baguio Victory Terminal appears to be the nicest in town, although I only noticed one other, Genesis. Fairly modern and clean. There several places to get snacks for the trip.

TerminalExt 001

The front of the bus with the Wifi sticker. The Wifi is apparently provided by SUN. It was spotty at best but sometimes very fast!

Front 001

Interior from the front

DeluxeBus01 001

My single seat was very comfortable. It looks narrow here but was spacious enough for me. This seat is directly in front of the CR and that was actually good, because this seat only will lean back much farther than the rest, getting close to flat.

Single Seat 001

Two cute girls shared the double seats. These seats are wider than the single seat so you might want to chose one of these if you are a wide body. The center armrest pushes down flat to the seats if you like.

TwoSweethearts2 001

View towards the front showing the large flat screen. It was very visible even in the daylight and they played the sound at a level that was just about right for me.

Viewtofront 001

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I really enjoyed the deluxe bus ride home. The bus was far better than the old one we took north. Very quiet and smooth. The passengers were quieter too so I could hear the movie!

The driver was much better too! I never once noticed him doing anything drastic and he was driving at about the speed limit on the expressway. On the regular bus on the way up, the driver was scary, speeding through the small towns and making somewhat dangerous (in my mind!) passes.

The express deluxe day trip back did get caught in more traffic in the small towns, so the time ended up at about 6 hours. If you are interested in the shortest time, a night trip on the deluxe bus is probably the fastest. If you can sleep well on an airplane, you should be able to get plenty of sleep on the deluxe bus. Comfort wise, I found the seats to be somewhat like an airline "economy plus" seat, but with more legroom. Taxis are waiting at the Baguio terminal 24/7 so no worries about getting a lift in the middle of the night, if you need one.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think I could enjoy the late night / overnight run on this one! Though I have a feeling I would be physically removed from the bus after 3 minutes of sleeptime... I do have a tendency to snore a little loud!

:mocking:

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I think I could enjoy the late night / overnight run on this one!

But if you travel at night, you'll miss the scenery.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Ooops, even if you travel in the daytime, you'll still miss the scenery if you sleep.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Ooops, even if you travel in the daytime, you'll still miss the scenery if you sleep.

On the regular bus on the way up, it takes a different route and some people said they like that because there is more scenery. However I can't comment because it was night.

On the day time deluxe ride back, coming down the mountain is nice, then you get stuck in traffic in a few towns, which might be interesting to some, but after that it is mostly fields, and that becomes old after a while. Plenty of time to see a bit of scenery and get some shuteye!

• Like 1