Heading To Cebu/boracay In January, Suggestions On What-Where?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Regarding the language portion of this thread: I went to a festival. BIG ONE. Yesterday at Cebu City, Guadalupe. The MC spoke ENGLISH exclusively while the guest speakers used Bisaya. The competitors for Ms. Banauan used BOTH. :cheersty: I'm pretty sure they weren't speaking English for my benefit but I was the only kano I could see.

Edited by GregZ

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

PM me wen you are close to arriving in Cebu & I can help you a little.

• 6 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
"I know that after living there you probably rely more on local ..everything, restaurants, services, contractors, etc." "But how did you start your transition?" I didn't do much on my own. My girl and her family have watched over me from the start. :dance:

I know that this is an old topic and conversation but, just about everything in that last statement applies to me, I got really lucky considering that I didn't do enough of my due diligence with more research. But hey, its like I Am Bob told me in another post "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"! :999: :cheersty:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
lysander6
Posted
Posted

This is an old topic, but we would love to find a smart expat in Cebu to show us around in exchange for food and adult beverages. We will be in the RP in JAN14 for a recon mission for our upcoming move.