My "city Tour" Flights Are Booked, Accommodations?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I finally was able to get my travel bookings taken care of for the holidays and now I need to book accommodations.

Bus Manila to Subic - Subic Dec. 19-23

Cebu Pacific Clark to Cebu - Cebu Dec. 24-30

Zest Air Cebu to Davao - Davao Dec. 31 - Jan. 5

SeaAir Davao back to Manila

Any suggestions on where to stay centrally located in order to ease our getting around? Our purpose is to get a feel for these cities and the various areas. For accommodations I would be looking for a family friendly mid-priced hotel or pension house, 2 adults and 1 8 year old.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! :cheersty:

brock
Posted
Posted

agoda is a good place to start looking...

As for Cebu, A decent hotel in central location, Nice Clean and friendly staff, good value for money, I would suggest ..M City Suites... A 2 minute walk to Osmena Circle.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Are you looking at Philippine mid-priced scales? If so then read no further. :dance:

For Davao look on agoda.com for the Marco Polo. I have booked rooms ranging from $60 a night to $75 a night. Nice place with a great breakfast buffet. Easily a $300+ a night hotel by US standards.

For Angeles City, well very different atmosphere there as you must know. Lewis Grand has been my favorite. Again I booked through agoda and saved quite a bit.

Sometimes it is nice to spend a few extra bucks and stay in a good place.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Are you looking at Philippine mid-priced scales? If so then read no further. :dance:

For Davao look on agoda.com for the Marco Polo. I have booked rooms ranging from $60 a night to $75 a night. Nice place with a great breakfast buffet. Easily a $300+ a night hotel by US standards.

For Angeles City, well very different atmosphere there as you must know. Lewis Grand has been my favorite. Again I booked through agoda and saved quite a bit.

Sometimes it is nice to spend a few extra bucks and stay in a good place.

We won't be in Angeles. I might move to the Subic Freeport area so that is the main area we will be in.

The Marco Polo in Davao sounds nice!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

agoda is a good place to start looking...

As for Cebu, A decent hotel in central location, Nice Clean and friendly staff, good value for money, I would suggest ..M City Suites... A 2 minute walk to Osmena Circle.

M City sounds good. We get in late on Xmas eve so I was thinking I might stay near the airport on Mactan for a few nights first. Any suggestions over there?

mrcurtis08
Posted
Posted

Looking for something near Mactan airport, too - will be arriving there in a few weeks. What about the Goldberry? Anyone know anything about it?

- PS: new poster here, just getting his feet wet on the forum, but I have been enjoying reading for a while! :thumbsup:

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

At Subic freeport, any hotel will do, no prostitution scenery right at the hotel, just by the night clubs and only during night time. It is my family's favorite weekend get away place. Try the hotel at Camayan beach, nice and right on a beautiful beach, your 8 years old will love the monkeys scenery trying to steal bananas and fruits from your porch, a nice restaurant right in front and the beach is great, your wife will love the no hassle and no worries environment and you will be happy that none of them nagging and you'll all be a happy family by the beach :)

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

and for Cebu, try Marco Polo hotel, about 4000p/night and a bit far from downtown just a 200-250p taxi ride (most of the members here know the area and can correct me on prices).

Get a room as high as possible, great views!!!! Leave your 8 year old sleep in the room (or hire a yaya for a couple of hours, hotel provides) and have a pristine dinner at the BLU restaurant on top of the hotel with your loved one, a bottle of wine and wonderful food...will fall in love again hehehehehe!!!! (3-3500p damage for an exclusive dinner of two and a bottle of wine with the best foods they have to offer)

When we stayed there wife wanted to go shopping with her friend...sure go!!! i stayed at the pool with my kiddo, margaritas served all day long, beer, snacks pizzas ice cream for kiddo and i was lucky to have some nice views of a group of gorgeous ladies (non filipinas, asian but no clue where from). Out of 3 days in cebu I had to go out of there only for 3 hours where i had to go see the lapu lapu monument, an old friend from abroad as well living there, we had a LOUSY HORRIBLE lunch at these FILTHY restos above the mud at this monument, locals know what and where i am talking about, and that's about it. Oh yes i went also to this magellan cross with these funny women whispering whatever and dancing like a clown...thanks God it only lasted 10 minutes.

After we returned home, i asked the kiddo if he wants to go back there he said sure but not in the city only at the hotel. and he pinpointed me to the wife that i was drinking eating and looking to the girls all day long, mother asked only looking? he replied yes, he only talked to the waitress but very sweet....Mercy!!!!!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

At Subic freeport, any hotel will do, no prostitution scenery right at the hotel, just by the night clubs and only during night time. It is my family's favorite weekend get away place. Try the hotel at Camayan beach, nice and right on a beautiful beach, your 8 years old will love the monkeys scenery trying to steal bananas and fruits from your porch, a nice restaurant right in front and the beach is great, your wife will love the no hassle and no worries environment and you will be happy that none of them nagging and you'll all be a happy family by the beach :)

Thank you! I was wondering if the nightlife might be a problem in some areas. At this late date, most places are booked. I considered Sheaven's which is near Wild Orchid and Treasure Island, but it has mixed reviews on Agoda, so I booked into Grand Hoyah, which had good reviews but no pool or beach. Camayan resort was booked but sounds great for a future visit!

I have to be careful to not make the hotel too attractive for the 8 year old or I will never get her out of the hotel! I am going to hire a driver to help us tour the area including residential areas.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Thank you! I was wondering if the nightlife might be a problem in some areas. At this late date, most places are booked. I considered Sheaven's which is near Wild Orchid and Treasure Island, but it has mixed reviews on Agoda, so I booked into Grand Hoyah, which had good reviews but no pool or beach. Camayan resort was booked but sounds great for a future visit!

I have to be careful to not make the hotel too attractive for the 8 year old or I will never get her out of the hotel! I am going to hire a driver to help us tour the area including residential areas.

Grand Hoya is a good deal, i have stayed there. No swimming pool though...so if you feel cooling down either travel to Camayan beach or any other beach outside of subic bay zone, or go to another hotel's pool.

As for Camayan, do not trust Agoda so much!!! Find their phone number and call them directly. agencies are given a certain amount of rooms from each hotel to certain rates, when these rooms are booked the site declares the hotel fully booked which is not the case. trust me worths to be there than anywhere else in Subic!!!! And when it comes to food, about 100meters before the Subic park hotel, by the beach road there is a chinese sea food restaurant, you will easily recognize it from the decor of huge fishes. Go eat there!!! prices are right for the quality, quantity and taste they offer!!!! but not in between 2-5pm, they are closed for...siesta!!!!