Newly Single, And Looking To Get Out There Again

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
The young boys seem to be raised as real mama's boys, with a lot of coddling and pampering for probably a little too long, and laying it on a little too thick.

I am sure that observation might be correct some of the time. However, I have also seen Filipino families that pamper their daughters rather than their sons. You know the saying..."your son is your son until he takes him a wife, your daughter's your daughter for the rest of her life".

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
The youngest of the kids is now over 2 years old... Don't you think that's a little bit old to be pushing him to breast milk?

Where in the laws of nature does it say at what age children must stop suckling? If they don't need mother's milk then they certainly don't need big pharma's chemical crap.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The experts in the field are unanimous that natural breast milk is best but, unfortunately, not every mother can produce enough or has access to donor milk, making formula a necessity.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The experts in the field are unanimous that natural breast milk is best but, unfortunately, not every mother can produce enough or has access to donor milk, making formula a necessity.

Corect. Except the "experts" bought by the multinational to lie to fool the poor mothers, who HAD enough milk.

(Swedish TV made an investigating documentary about it some years ago.)

• Like 1

whiskey
Posted
Posted
Where in the laws of nature does it say at what age children must stop suckling? If they don't need mother's milk then they certainly don't need big pharma's chemical crap.

It would DEFINITELY look very strange to see a toddler sucking on a woman's breast still. Most pedias seem to think that it is fine after 1 year to move to eating food and they can drink milk too. My only point on all this is that ALL of these products are based on cow's milk. There is nothing "special" about the so-called toddler formula or toddler milk. It's just flavored cow's milk with some additional vitamins thrown in so they can up the price tag two-fold. Quality-wise, regular cow's milk is just fine so long as their are no dairy allergies, etc. The cow's milk is not a bad thing for kids. The additional calcium is quite good for the teeth and bone development. But by 1 year, kids should be getting most of their nutrition from eating food - like a normal human being. In my opinion, bottles should be done away with as soon as a child is able to handle some kind of cup. The pressure from sucking on those nipples actually can begin to cause teeth or under/over-bite issues. So my pedia recommended moving away from bottles by 2 years of age. Most kids seem to be pretty comfortable around that age giving up on the bottles. Giving up on the bottles is also kind of a milestone in their maturity. Suckling is a very baby-like act. Moving away from that improves their independence and overall behavior as they begin to realize they are becoming a boy/girl and not a "baby" anymore (my opinion).

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
But, the pressure was too much and she insisted we keep spending twice as much for this crap milk! This stuff is actually worse for the kids than regular milk. It is loaded with lots of sugar and fillers. The whole toddler milk thing is a HUGE scam here in the Philippines. They prey on these poor "guilt-ridden" moms. They know the family dynamics of guilt and pressure. This whole toddler milk thing has cause BIG problems for us.

Yes I agree too, I had tried when my oldest child was 2 1/2 to phase out the "formula" as i did not think it was good.

only after I could prove that MILK was healthy ,and some "bribery" did i stop feeding this "crap milk"

the compromise was adding "MILO" or another powder to "keep it healthy"

Now with my youngest (35months) i am doing the change over ,only difference is that I make the "formula" so weak that he doesnt want it ,so he will drink the "normal milk"

THE problems,( i say this not to offend ) is that you/I need to PUT our foot down and be FIRM in what I/you will allow for our child(our child/our money)

he/she is not healthy. Our youngest looks great! Perfect height/weight and right on the charts too! But these people seem to think he is underweight and doesn't look as healthy as the other one.

Just dont pay attention to what "these people" say,

if the child is eating well. exercising,playing normally. then DONT WORRY,

what I have done to get "these well-meaning people" to shut up, ...

is when I see the "groceries" they buy for their child,usually some of it is just JUNK FOOD, i comment. " i am glad that you feed your child that,as I would never buy it nor feed it to my child as its "unhealthy". or i dont have the money to buy that "JUNK"

this has stopped the "comments".

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Where in the laws of nature does it say at what age children *must stop suckling? .
*(or adults)

Jake... I need a comment on this..

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

http://youtu.be/3miGo6D7s20

Little Britain cracks me up! I must have bad taste! When I lived in Germany I watched almost all of them!

:cheersty:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For some crazy reason, family members seem to think if a child is not obese, he/she is not healthy. Our youngest looks great! Perfect height/weight and right on the charts too!

Even doctors in "kano-countries" !!!

(My neview is EXTREEMLY STRONG by genes, he was as a baby too, but comparingly skinny, because both my sister and her husband is, plus doctors took him out 2 months early, because my sister have kidney problems - probably by eating TO MUCH A-D vitamins when she was small, she sneak eating them. When doctor heared my neview got extra HEALTHY food, he said my neview was weak WITHOUT TESTING!!! (A bit similar with my knee surgent. I had to wait with surgery because he found my leg muscles to weak WITHOUT TESTING. I put on the DOUBLE GOAL weight direct at start at the forced exersize, because I found it boring silly to exersice with a weight not being any tireding.) So even many doctors are realy crap...