Pacquiao Face Plant On Round Six

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes. He lost when he was leading, probably 3 points up still, although he had "wasted" 3 points in the second being knocked down, when leading that round (= 10-9 > 8-10.)

(Swedish TV did show the fight direct last night.)

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I did the double whammy. I attended the UFC fight in Seattle during the day. Last night at in laws for the Pac man fight, that fight was

exciting to watch. The UFC fights were terrible to see

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Marquez knew that Pacquiao, at this stage of his career, wasn't going to knock him out so he ate a lot of leather and waited for the right time and took advantage of his opponent's mistake. His strategy of getting stronger worked. I haven't seen the round by round judging but it was probably even, if it had gone all the way it would of probably been another controversial decision. Bulk up and take his head off, screw the judges. At least the congressman had the grace to give Marquez the credit he deserved, before and after, that's a nice change from the usual.

• Like 5

efigy
Posted
Posted

so how good in marquez then,,,at his age !!!!!!!,,,maybe have been lucky punch ,but marquez at 39 is some sort of freak,,,,no one is talking about marquez retiring,,,,manny needs to focus just on boxing,,,if he wants to continue fighting,,,,,

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There's no way in hell you can be an effective congressman and the best fighter in the world, there are only so many hours in the day and everybody needs something. You can box but you're not going to beat he best. He made his choice but maybe he believed the myth. He's been in some wars, for a few minutes after the knockout the concern was for his life, not his career. I don't think he can beat a 40 year old Marquez or Mayweather, and maybe not Bradley. He had a great career, I hope he looks past the payday and starts serving his constituency full time, they need him more then the sport of boxing.

• Like 4

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Manny took to him. Broke his nose, wobble Marquez. Made a mistake dropping

his hands. I seen a picture posted on line showing Marquez stepping on Manny's foot

so how good in marquez then,,,at his age !!!!!!!,,,maybe have been lucky punch ,but marquez at 39 is some sort of freak,,,,no one is talking about marquez retiring,,,,manny needs to focus just on boxing,,,if he wants to continue fighting,,,,,

Edited by oldutot
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

He is now the most expensive pound for pound meat on the canvas

Smart people retire when they are at the top. Others keep fighting until they take so many losses that people forget they were ever on top.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

The real sad thing is Pacman made a lot of money, but millions of Filipinos lost all they had betting on what they thought was a sure thing

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The real sad thing is Pacman made a lot of money, but millions of Filipinos lost all they had betting on what they thought was a sure thing

Wow...... I never thought of that but I think you are correct a lot of people lost that bet.

• Like 1