Computer Monitor ....

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well looks like one thing after another and I'll never get that damn trip report written ..... seems like my 12yo Acer AL1913 LCD monitor is giving up the ghost .... can't understand it as it has been running for 12 years minimum of 12 hours per day 7 days a week ....

Anyway looks kinda like the screen is separating or getting long bubble like things all over it .... seems to be getting worst as time goes on .... I hate to replace it as I like the square screen of the AL1913 but alas the new monitors are all longer than tall ....

Anyone have any luck with the CDR King monitors .... looking for something about 22"-23" not much bigger as size does matter ..... :28: don't want to (or unable to) drop a bundle on one at the present as we are going to move next month but not sure it this one will last till then .... very irritating seeing the bubbles .... and they are in the center of the screen .... and getting bigger

Any suggestions???????????? ...... and no Jake ..... I'm not that kinda guy ..... xmas_girl%20%281%29.gif

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i have got their keyboards cheap, best to find a name brand on sale

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well looks like one thing after another and I'll never get that damn trip report written ..... seems like my 12yo Acer AL1913 LCD monitor is giving up the ghost .... can't understand it as it has been running for 12 years minimum of 12 hours per day 7 days a week ....

Anyway looks kinda like the screen is separating or getting long bubble like things all over it .... seems to be getting worst as time goes on .... I hate to replace it as I like the square screen of the AL1913 but alas the new monitors are all longer than tall ....

Anyone have any luck with the CDR King monitors .... looking for something about 22"-23" not much bigger as size does matter ..... :28: don't want to (or unable to) drop a bundle on one at the present as we are going to move next month but not sure it this one will last till then .... very irritating seeing the bubbles .... and they are in the center of the screen .... and getting bigger

Any suggestions???????????? ...... and no Jake ..... I'm not that kinda guy ..... xmas_girl%20%281%29.gif

Not bad for a 12 year old LCD monitor finally going t*ts up. With the price of new 20+ inch wide

LCD's these days, donate it to the nearest school and get yourself a new one. Here is a nice

23" Acer from WalFart for price comparison in PI: http://www.walmart.c...3HAJBD/14575830.

Replacing just the LCD panel is a bitch, believe me. I would have to charge you 40 bucks per

hour which includes my smoke and coffee break.....he, he.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

That Acer does not support HDMI. I need to look for one myself but it's too expensive to ship so it's "whatever they got", unfortunately. Hold off until after the holidays if possible.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Spare TV ?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

That Acer does not support HDMI. I need to look for one myself but it's too expensive to ship so it's "whatever they got", unfortunately. Hold off until after the holidays if possible.

I would assume the newer LCD monitors having HDMI inputs are still expensive there. Perhaps looking

at an older model with DVI, RGB or VGA input connectors may be within your price range. Here is an

alternative to that (HDMI to DVI cable): http://www.amazon.co... to dvi-d cable

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

If I can jump into your thread for a bit, MikeS, I have a 3 year old 21"? AOC LCD monitor that is acting up and I want to know if it is worth trying to get it fixed or should I just replace it? The screen viewing area starts glitching when I play games that use Flash. I've tried using the monitor with my desktop and with my laptop to be sure it is not the video card. It reacts the same. So I guess I need to either stop playing flash type games, only do that with my laptop monitor, get the AOC monitor fixed, or replace it. What would you do? It looks like this:

PS it was purchased somewhere in Cebu but I am not sure where.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
tried to fix image but it is not on site anymore
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

If I can jump into your thread for a bit, MikeS, I have a 3 year old 21"? AOC LCD monitor that is acting up and I want to know if it is worth trying to get it fixed or should I just replace it? The screen viewing area starts glitching when I play games that use Flash. I've tried using the monitor with my desktop and with my laptop to be sure it is not the video card. It reacts the same. So I guess I need to either stop playing flash type games, only do that with my laptop monitor, get the AOC monitor fixed, or replace it. What would you do? It looks like this:

aoc-2216sw-lcd-monitor-large.jpg

PS it was purchased somewhere in Cebu but I am not sure where.

OK Dave.....please correct me if I misunderstood your explanation. My understanding is that your

AOC monitor has that problem no matter what your source of video input? I mean, does it glitch

even while using it as a regular desktop monitor -- like viewing my comments now?

Additionally, I'm a little confused about the symptom The screen viewing area starts glitching. I will

assume the whole video display starts to collapse and then suddenly returns to normal size? Or

does it flicker (size not affected) on and off. Is the symptom intermittent?

Are you willing to take it apart? I can walk you through it, OK? Most of the time, an open and inspect

will reveal the problem simply by using your mark one eyeball. Sometimes your nose too....he, he.

• Like 1

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I would just replace it 'cause of it's age. CDR King has some cheap ones, they do garentee then for awhile. Sorry about spelling, it's late here.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
OK Dave.....please correct me if I misunderstood your explanation. My understanding is that your AOC monitor has that problem no matter what your source of video input? I mean, does it glitch even while using it as a regular desktop monitor -- like viewing my comments now? Additionally, I'm a little confused about the symptom The screen viewing area starts glitching. I will assume the whole video display starts to collapse and then suddenly returns to normal size? Or does it flicker (size not affected) on and off. Is the symptom intermittent? Are you willing to take it apart? I can walk you through it, OK? Most of the time, an open and inspect will reveal the problem simply by using your mark one eyeball. Sometimes your nose too....he, he.

It has the glitches when looking at web pages only. (Mind you I pretty much only use the computer to get on the web so hard to say)

The glitch starts a short while after I connect the monitor to the computer. The screen viewing area starts to collapse, just for an instant, then returns to normal. Then it happens again, then again, and it happens faster and faster until after a few minutes you cannot concentrate on anything on the screen. All you see is the damn repeating glitch.

I am not good at taking things apart and putting them back together but if you tell me it sounds fixable I will take it to the repair dude and have him take it apart.

• Like 2