Computer Monitor ....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmm... What do you think Jake? Start with the monitor cable? That is sounding more like the cause of his symptoms to me.

Check for a good connection and that no pins are loose or bent. While everything is running, do a little wiggle test at both ends and see if anything changes - but be careful you don't pull the plug out yourself. If you find that is causing any problems, BORROW a cable from someone to try again with. It may be the connection on the hardware side.

Another thing to check is your power at the plug. Got a meter?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hmm... What do you think Jake? Start with the monitor cable? That is sounding more like the cause of his symptoms to me.

Check for a good connection and that no pins are loose or bent. While everything is running, do a little wiggle test at both ends and see if anything changes - but be careful you don't pull the plug out yourself. If you find that is causing any problems, BORROW a cable from someone to try again with. It may be the connection on the hardware side.

Another thing to check is your power at the plug. Got a meter?

Roger that shipmate! Eliminate cable and connection issues (power and video) first before you

go deeper into chit. Use the KISS method......open and inspection should be your last resort.

Dave, if you don't have a volt meter (digital or analog) try borrowing one and both Bob and I will

walk you through it. Your LCD monitor is only 3 years old -- it should have a failure rate much

longer than that. Unless of course, the outside environment (power, heat, dust and humidity) is

accelerating a premature failure. Use a flashlight even during the day to inspect all connector

pins and you might as well do an outside vacuum job while you're tinkering in the back.

Standing by with our crescent-hammers -- Jake

• Like 2