Moving To Mactan

seraglios
Posted
Posted

Lol!!!! I was hoping on making a clean break this time around and keeping a low profile... Looks like that's not happening.....

I would be arriving this Friday the 11th.... My company has a budget of 50k. So I would be open to anything in that range... Thanks a lot guys for making me feel welcome

• Like 1

DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

I have tried renting both condo(Movenpick and Soto Grande). Soto Grande is beside La Mirada. I prefer Movenpick because of its easy access for transportation and stores. As far as amenities, I love Movenpick's swimming pool now that they changec it. The beach area is also very nice in Movenpick, you can snorkel there and they have plenty of fish to look at. We stayed there for a month last year and we really enjoyed that place.

• Like 1

DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

FYI, the food in Movenpick restaurant is really expensive but it's good. Soto Grande's restaurant is not as expensive as Movenpick but it's not really that good. In Movenpick you can always order food for delivery. I haven't tried food delivery in Soto Grande. I will try it in 2 weeks when we get there. We are staying in Soto Grande for a month vacation because we couldn't find a 1 bedroom condo in Movenpick that will let us rent for a month. It's a bummer :/.

• Like 2

seraglios
Posted
Posted

Absolutely. I checked out all 4. Soto Grande, La Mirada, Amisa as well as the Movenpick. I was looking at 2 bedrooms and around 120 sq.mtrs. My take on all 4 are: Amisa, its the newest and currently has a total of 4 residents in 1 tower and 1 resident in the other tower. The 2 bed room I saw is really well set up and is going at 45k. Just a little too small space wise. Soto Grande is a little run down. La Mirada is good value for money, unfortunately the only unit is available Mid March and is going for 50k with condo dues included. That leaves Movenpick where I saw a nice unit overlooking the bay and swimming pool below. Its perfect size wise but is a little expensive at 50k rental and 8k condo dues. You are spot on about the location and nearby amenities. So I would end up taking that as of now for a year.

• Like 2

seraglios
Posted
Posted

Oh! and about the food... Being a hotelier, who will finally stay off property after years, I am looking forward to home cooked meals :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

We just got back from our vacation. I don't recommend Soto Grande. The place is going downhill. Too many cockroaches and the place was just leaking water every where. Although, we got a really nice view in our room plus a 50 percent discount on food at VistAmar, still I would'nt go back there again. Plus, some Filipina got raped and killed in that subdivision, recently. It's scary.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
seraglios
Posted
Posted

HI Davidandbless!

Its been a month since I moved into Movenpick. A nice 2BR overlooking the water. I am glad we did move there, its less than a 10 minuyte commute to my place of work..

I did see one in La Mirada @ 40k that I really liked. However, it was only available 15th March. If anyone is interested in a spacious 2BR, check that one out.

Cheers!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
maddies
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heya,

Glad you like living at Movenpick. Great pool eh!

Cheers

Geraldine

Edited by MikeB
Removed email address - No further advertising without permission please