Getting "adult" Bike In Cebu

pesochek
Posted
Posted

Greetings everyone and merry christmas!

I moved to Cebu last month and immediately bought Honda CB110 to move around. Also it's my first bike ever, so I decided not to push it from the very start, just get some skills. But it's obvious already that in some monthes I'd love to switch to something more powerful. I'm talking about bikes like Ninja or CBR with displacement of 250, maybe 400-600 cc.

I did some researches and found out that stores are packed up with most popular models: scooters, e-bikes and low-volume bikes as mine (150cc is a top).

So the question is how and where do I get more powerful bike in Philippines? Are there any in Manila maybe? Would you please advise some addresses or maybe websites. Thanks in advance.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

How about this at Emcore Product Name Kawasaki Motorcycle ZX10R Price : PHP 798,010.00 Model : ZX10R Brand : Kawasaki Description ENGINE

• Engine Type: 4-stroke, DOHC 16 Valves, In-line 4 cylinder

• Bore and Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 (mm)

• Displacement: 998 (cc)

• Compression Ratio: 13.0 : 1

• Fuel System: Fuel Injection: KEIHIN 47mm × 4 with oval sub-throttles, dual injection

• Cooling System: Liquid-cooled

• Lubrication: Forced lubrication (wet sump with oil cooler)

• Starting: Electric starter

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There are some places that sell used bikes with more cc's ..... I've seen some bigger bikes on the road that leads from Ayala (Gogordo) on the left hand side ..... called V Trading ..... he even had a couple of Harley's in there ..... it is right past the now defunct LBC Bank on the corner ...... also near the Elizabeth Hotel ...... also look in the Cebu Classifieds .....

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have bought a mid sized motorbike, a Kawasaki/Bajaj Rauser 220 as a compromise between power and appropriateness for the roads here in cebu. With a few exceptions, one can rarely sustain a speed of 60km per hour so IMO, large capacity bikes here are more a status symbol that of any real use.I have a Honda ST 1100 in Australia and it isn't happy unless it's going at least 80km. Parking also becomes a drama as the areas designated parking areas for motorbikes in the malls are designed for the short wheel base smaller capacity bikes that are the most common around the Philippines. I brought this parking question up in a newly created Cebu Bikers Forum and the response was that it was necessary to pay for 2 parking bays to park big bikes.

I know the Kawasaki dealer in AN Futuna opposite of Mandaue Foam has larger capacity bikes. Honda seems to deal only with the smaller capacities from my looks around. Emcore has some but charges over the dealers price as I found out in my research.

Hope that helps

Edited by Fred & Mimi
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

You have only been riding for one month and you want a bigger bike ???....Me thinks you might have a death wish,,,Stick to what you have for at least 1 year until you learn how to handle a bike properly

• Like 5

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Stick to what you have for at least 1 year until you learn how to handle a bike properly

I agree fully, the traffic out there is challenging even for an experienced rider

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Also it's my first bike ever, so I decided not to push it from the very start, just get some skills.

Most of the locals who ride bikes started learning as small children, propped up by the parent looking over the handlebars. Riding a bike is as natural to them as walking, they have an intuition about how things work here that we never will. And still they get mangled. When I see a foreigner on a bike my first thought is, "how much time does he have?" I know that's not what you asked (or want to hear) but do yourself a favor and carry adequate cash or a credit card "just in case".

• Like 4

pesochek
Posted
Posted

Thanks for replies. I'm not willing to sell mine immediately, just looking up forward. I see that it's real problem to find motorcycle so I asked for help. Of course I'm aware of traffic and not so good road conditions and self low skill, but on the other hand sometimes this model just doesn't have enough power to climb a hill, especially if you're riding with passenger. However I do like its low weight and fuel consumption)

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Also it's my first bike ever, so I decided not to push it from the very start, just get some skills.

Most of the locals who ride bikes started learning as small children, propped up by the parent looking over the handlebars. Riding a bike is as natural to them as walking, they have an intuition about how things work here that we never will. And still they get mangled. When I see a foreigner on a bike my first thought is, "how much time does he have?" I know that's not what you asked (or want to hear) but do yourself a favor and carry adequate cash or a credit card "just in case".

So true. My gf buzzes all over on her motorbike. She also has no problem driving the motorcycle with side car her father has which has a clutch.

I had never driven a motorbike or motorcycle until my gf tried to teach me recently.

I don't know if it is my age or just lack of coordination or both... but I soon realized I wasn't going to be zipping around soon on the roads driving a motorbike. I will need a great deal of practice controlling the motorbike before I even think of increasing the challenge by doing it with others on the road.

I have been getting a great deal of practice carrying 5gal water bottles, an LPG gas bottle and other large items while sitting behind her on the motorbike.

• Like 3