Getting "adult" Bike In Cebu

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

The only way to really learn to ride a motorcycle is to spill it a few times. The unfortunate thing for older guys is that spilling a bike ends up with more than just road rash due to brittle bones etc.

I have been riding motorcycles since I was 18 and still use a 125 cc scooter to get around. I got nothing to prove with a bigger bike. But if you feel the need then who are we to try to stand in your way.

Personally, I feel the type and make of bike and the way it is geared is more important for hill riding than the size and number of ccs but thats just my (57-18 = 39 years of) experience.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The only way to really learn to ride a motorcycle is to spill it a few times. The unfortunate thing for older guys is that spilling a bike ends up with more than just road rash due to brittle bones etc.

I have been riding motorcycles since I was 18 and still use a 125 cc scooter to get around. I got nothing to prove with a bigger bike. But if you feel the need then who are we to try to stand in your way.

Personally, I feel the type and make of bike and the way it is geared is more important for hill riding than the size and number of ccs but thats just my (57-18 = 39 years of) experience.

And I would add that sticking with a short wheelbase / high maneuverability will certainly make riding in tight spots much easier.

• Like 3

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

the more desirable the motor the more chance you take of being hijacked, i know filipinos that won't buy a certain Model because they will kill you for your motor, better to stay simple

• Like 2