brock
Posted
Posted

Mmmmmmm

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing I should have said in my other post... Yes, I firmly believe each and every place is what we make of it. But sometimes that place still isn't the perfect place for us to be. Sometimes going back home is the best answer. But this is something that everybody has to decide for themselves. Nobody else can do it for you - unless you do it with your partner in life together.

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

One thing I should have said in my other post... Yes, I firmly believe each and every place is what we make of it. But sometimes that place still isn't the perfect place for us to be. Sometimes going back home is the best answer. But this is something that everybody has to decide for themselves. Nobody else can do it for you - unless you do it with your partner in life together.

yeah I think that is the key thing here. We travel to these exotic places and are excited and thrilled at first by all the differences and things we like but later on we can question why we left our own country in the first place. It made me think about maybe I needed to change my attitude about Australia, find happiness there as that is really my home. Don't matter where you live it's what you make of it. I will visit and live in the Philippines often in the future especially for my fiancee but I think I have to realize I have a home country and that is where i really belong.

I guess another thing and there are many that cause me issues when living in 3rd world countries is that if something goes wrong or you do something there that is not accepted like maybe wanting to have some grass, you get busted and your life is over, you will live like a rat in a dungeon for the rest of your life. Things like that, you have to be careful of, the beaches, the palm trees and the beautiful woman are what makes it a paradise but that paradise can soon turn to hell if you don't live by the rules ;)

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Growing up we always thought of Australia as "exotic"; so far away with people who talked strange (to us), seemingly full of adventure and fun. At least according to the beer commercials and Dundee movies. A lot of the things I thought were cute and endearing during my vacations here have long since ceased to be. The lack of a coherent justice system bothers me quite a bit.

• Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

adventurer are you living in the same country as me? maybe i am just a bit older than you and have watched my country being sold off crikey we dont even own the bloody power lines any more and a govenment that has mis managed our country .you and i know that they could not lie straight in bed.you have come back from the phils with many valid points and being home all seems safe and rosy just wait till you get a parking fine or a speding fine or a power and gas bill .this country has become a money grabbing nightmare.cheers mate take care and good luck with your future

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

adventurer are you living in the same country as me? maybe i am just a bit older than you and have watched my country being sold off crikey we dont even own the bloody power lines any more and a govenment that has mis managed our country .you and i know that they could not lie straight in bed.you have come back from the phils with many valid points and being home all seems safe and rosy just wait till you get a parking fine or a speding fine or a power and gas bill .this country has become a money grabbing nightmare.cheers mate take care and good luck with your future

hehe, yeah it's all nice now when I first arrive, I will probably be wanting to get the heck out of here in no time, we will see... Actually today I was just thinking of the hell with it and go buy a ticket back to cebu with my credit card so I can be back with my fiancee but common sense made me stop. :)

I'm here to get somethings sorted out and prepare our future to bring my fiancee back here. I'm still relatively young and she is only early 20's so we have a lot of working life in us yet, it is better we live in Australia for a few years and save some money, make some investments etc although if my Internet business picks up location is not a concern for me. My fiancee might want to work though or study and much better in Aussie for that.... We still might buy some land near a beach in the Philippines one day and create a resort with our own restaurant but we would probably also have a home in Australia too. We have lotts of dreams and plans, It's hard to say, but we can just see what happens....

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted
.this country has become a money grabbing nightmare.cheers mate take care and good luck with your future

I'm with you Lyno!

I've said all along there are just too many greedy bas#r*sin this country.Everyone wants a bigger piece of the pie. Have you heard the latest..........in QLD they are considering making people pay for a permit if you wish to hold a party in your own house..........hahaha Christ they gotta be joking...........No they're not! The local government even tried charging folk who live in rural areas for the water that fell on their roofs and was collected in their own rainwater tanks.They couldn't get away with that one because it was determined that the government would have to maintain all the equipment neccessary for the collection of the water but don't worry they'll keep trying to find ways to screw us.I'm sure there are people employed by the government whose job it is to dream up these scams...........and that's exactly what they are...........scams.

The idiots that govern this place just don't give a stuff,all they care about is what they can get out of it while they're in power and to hell with it after they're voted out...........they've got their fat pensions for life anyway.

Yes Australia is very neat, clean and for the most part orderly, there is money here if you wish to work hard but get in quick because the way the place is being managed, i doubt it will last.One more thing to mention here..........whilst electronic stores amongst others are going out of business here because prices just are out of control.........people turn to the internet and are buying online from other cheaper countries..........the governments response to this is a TAX on internet shopping! They just don't get it.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Guys - As much as I am inclined to agree with you about all governments, we have to keep a low profile on politics, ok? One of the forum rules... If we all keep to the idea of the title and try not to mention who is at fault (as if nobody would know, eh?), all should be good.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 trips now to the Philippines over 5 years and I have had about 5 somewhat serious girlfriends in that time

that is a record :10001:

Edited by Julia
  • Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
5 trips now to the Philippines over 5 years and I have had about 5 somewhat serious girlfriends in that time

that is a record :10001:

No........i wouldn't think so. :o

• Like 1