Marriage Requirements

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

Howdi to all ! oh and happy new year !!

Ok so i stumbled on this site whilst doing some homework for whats required for marrying my filipina hotbabe :D

anyways im from Scotland, im already here in philippines, i have with me...

CNI

Birth Certificate

Passport ( will make copies of the required pages )

im just about to order me and my fiancee`s CENOMAR this will take 3 days supposedly, if any longer i will have to go to Quezon city and pick up there,

so i have my appointment with the embassy for the 7th Jan, my fiancee is from Mindanao and we will marry there, she has her id`s here with her, the question is, since shes 23 does she need a letter or approval from her parents ?

this could be a problem as were already in Manila, although i guess we cud have them fax it to somewhere if need be, is there anything else im missing here thats needed for embassy appointment ?

im here until feb 20th so we have time on our hands..

thxx in advance !!

and big thx to

sonjack2847

very informative thread you posted !

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

read the DEAR PAO column in the manilatimes.net

they have many answers to the questions that we may have.. esp yours.

also have you checked her NSO?? oh boy. hope that you have or you should get out the anal lube.WHY?

in previous topic 1 man spent alot of his hard earn $$$ to clear up an error

also where you aware that she(or both) may have to attend certain classes before your married? family planning?

and other class(s) that are require them to attend.

Pre-Marital Counseling and Family Planning Seminar:

If either of you are between the ages of 18 and 25,

you will need to show proof to the local civil registrar that you have received marriage counseling. If you do not receive marriage counseling, your marriage license will not be issued for three months.

Individuals between the age of 21 and 25, must "... ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.

A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement."

Source: Title I, Chapter 1, Article 15 Family Code of the Philippines

altho I cant find the city where you plan to marry here is the website from another city listing the requirements

http://www.baguio.gov.ph/?q=content/marriage

Good luck. :cheers:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You're better off asking the specific municipality where you will be married what their requirements are.

Exactly ...... each municipality will be different ...... while the major requirements will be similar there maybe other things not listed on governmental websites ..... ex. I know a couple that got married in a province in south Cebu that got the whole thing completed in less than 14 days ...... where is in Cebu City it can take up to a month ...... while we can give you advise from our own personal experiences and you can read all the stuff from different websites only an actual visit to the place where you will be filing will tell you all the things you will need ...... usually at the local health department (at least here in Cebu City) they will have all the requirements that you will need .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

If your a foreigner here in Calinan you have to get the Marriage contract in Davao City, you can have everything you need done for you, but that will take time, and a little money, depending on if there is a mistake , it depends on where you get married as to the requirements, things can be taken care of with a little cash

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

thxx for the heads up fellas, its really whats required for my meeting at the British Embassy in Manila, we will get more advice of whats required to marry once we get back to Ozamiz cty, getting her parents consent wont be an issue, i was just worried it was required for the British Embassy,

also Pitmann what do you mean check her NSO, check for what exactly ?

thx again for your replys !

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

The Civil registrars in most municipalities now require that the 'foreigner" also obtains a Cenomar before they will grant a licence.

You can read the full requirements on my web site at Not at this address /planning-a-marriage-in-cebu.php

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

NSO stands for National Statistics Office. They will hold any record of marriages, divorce, death certificate, birth certificate, etc. As Paul (ancienrocka) mentioned above, CENOMARs are often required for both sides now. Paul is our resident expert as this is one of the things his business entails - if you need help, you can't do better than contacting Paul. If you don't see a banner for his advertising, just go to the bottom of the main (Forum) page to "Recommended Websites" and you will find him there. One thing that would be good to look at right now is the information on your GF's birth certificate - is it accurate? We have one member who has been trying for quite some time to get his GF's Birth Certificate corrected so he can take her home to be married.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
CENOMARs are often required for both sides
.. Now I am confused, Surely a Cenomar is a certificate of NO marriage. What happens if the guy is a divorcee, he is never going to get a cenomar, a CNI yes but never, a Cenomar

http://nso.citizense....com.ph/cenomar

:tiphat:

• Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

The guy needs a cenomar to proove he is not already married in the Philippines....He also needs a local cni from his embassy as well as the one he has brought with him from the UK, The local cni from the embassy costs 4550peso...

Below is a copy of an email I received from the British consul...

Please visit the website below, and the attachment above, for requirements for marriage in the Philippines.

You will need your current original British passport with one photocopy each of the following pages: inside cover; details page; page showing latest visa arrival stamp; emergencies page.

The person you are marrying needs a CENOMAR or Advisory of Marriage (if appropriate), from the National Statistics Office. This must not be over 3 months old at the time of applying for a CNI. The Original is required, together with the receipt, plus a good photocopy.

1. Make sure you have all the required documents based on the CNI checklist on the above attachment. We need all original documents with one good photocopy of each.

2. You will need to submit your documents as well as your fiancé/fiancée’s requirements as on the checklist. Your application may not be accepted if you submit incomplete documents, and may cause delay to your application. We will assess the application and check supporting documents only after receipt of payment.

3. Please pay the exact fee/s for your application (in Philippine pesos only):

Fees No. 10 and 11 (GBP65.00 + GBP65.00) to apply for notice of marriage and certificate of no impediment

Fee No. 11 (GBP65.00) to apply for local certificate of no impediment (CNI) in exchange for one issued by a UK registrar.

4. Fees are non-refundable.

If you are exchanging the UK CNI for the locally accepted one this is available within an hour of your visit to this consulate, providing all the documentation is correct. Please note that it takes 10 days to apply for the local licence once you have presented the locally accepted certificate of no impediment to the registrar.

WEBSITE

www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk .As you already have a cni from the UK, You need only pay fee 11, GBP65.00

Edited by brock
  • Like 1