Monitor Cable

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys .... gonna keep this short and sweet as we have a lot on our plate right now with the move coming up the end of the month and we are trying to pack a little bit each day so as not to over whelmed and wore out later on ..... my god ... I never knew we had so much junk .... the security guard is happy as he goes threw all the crap we throw out looking for stuff he can sell ..... gonna live him our old refrigerator and aircon we we leave as no sense in taking something we don't need .... at least here we have a way of getting rid of it .... I will try and be on the board if not but to read and add likes .... not sure how much posting I'll be doing ....

OK on to what I was originally going to post .... if you do decided to get a monitor from CDR King do your self a favor and also buy a DVI 24pin cable instead of using the VGA cable supplied with the unit .... although the VGA cable works fine you will be blown away with the DVI cable ..... like night and day .... the 24 pin is much better than the 18 .... only problem is the cable is white and looks weird with all the black cables but it works and works great so I guess that is all that matters ..... :thumbsup:

OK back to packing .... later ... :dance:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There you go, ya actually got me to count the pins on my cable. I only see 15 pins on the cable and only 15 holes in the socket on my laptop so I suppose that ain't gonna work for me. I'll keep it in mind if I ever upgrade.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

24 pins? I haven't seen a laptop with a connector that has that many pins. The connectors on both of my laptops and desktop computer only have 15 pins.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

DVI will always show better as it is a digital input - but only if you have a DVI capable o/p from your computer and also into your monitor. If you don't have that 24-pin connector on both? Yes, there are conversion cables but they are still sending an analog signal to the monitor. Don't expect anything better than if you used a regular VGA cable.

Myself I prefer my standard Telekinesis cable... :mocking:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob you beat me to it ...... here is a picture of the 3 different cable configurations ...... there are more but these are the ones I was talking about .....

Regular VGA Cable ...... must have this female plug-in end on both monitor and PC

post-11-0-98115700-1357259700_thumb.jpg

This is the 18 pin DVI cable ..... this will work on 18 pin only not the 24 pin ..... or use an adapter .... adapting this to a VGA plug-in will not give you HD results you will still have VGA

post-11-0-34537800-1357259773_thumb.jpg

This is the 24 pin DVI Cable ..... it will work on 24 and 18 pin BUT on the 18 pin you don't get the same results but still better than the VGA ..... again a VGA adapter will work but only in VGA mode

post-11-0-01780300-1357259815_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Come on guys, catch up with the times. Go HDMI!!!! :dance:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Go HDMI

I get Hot Dancing Model but what is the 'I'

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Come on guys, catch up with the times. Go HDMI!!!! :dance:

you bet me to it.

look vga is ancient technology, DVI is old

HDMI is the way to go these days.

Why?

light and sleek, looks like a slightly larger than a usb cord.

probably can carry higher res and better details but don't quote me on that?

fits snugly into your computer and tv/monitor

big bonus is that it includes audio so no need for pushing audio to stereo or tv with extra cables.

When I was in cebu we would run our laptops through to our 32" sony TV to watch movies or just have an extra large monitor. It was great as the audio was carried through with the movies and we could run it all from the remote. I left it for my fiancee with the TV and her laptop. I will pick up another HDMI cable soon, only cheap. I can then run my laptop through to any monitor or TV and only be carrying a small cord with me. Great when traveling to hotels, don't like the crap cable tv, just pull out your little hdmi cord and plug your laptop in the hotel tv and you have a large monitor to watch movies or whatever...

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I"d love to go HDMI on my set-up BUT!

It is an old monitor (about 4 years old) and only has the one input - VGA.

But I will be carrying an HDMI cable when I travel... Did you know you can get a cheap one at the Dollar Stores now?

:mocking:

Americano
Posted
Posted
Go HDMI

Go HDMI

Well duh, I stands for Instructor. Hot Dancing Model Instructor I have one of those.

• Like 2