Philippines Ranked Number 2 Destination For 2013

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The difficulty with visitor guides is their writers are not in a position to give you an objective and independent opinion about a destination. It starts with a free airline ticket in exchange for mentioning the air carrier by name and a few kind words in the article. The writer and/or television crew are met at the airport by handlers from a government visitor industry agency; booked at a luxury hotel; and driven around to see and experience what the government wants. Violate the unwritten rule and you will never be invited again. Even worse, other government agencies and travel industry associations won't invite you. Try making money when you have to pay for all expenses. Besides, your readers want to hear the good stuff. Never mind reminding them about the poverty.

Philippines ranked No. 2. I wonder how much it costs to get such a ranking?

• Like 3

Julia
Posted
Posted
Philippines ranked No. 2. I wonder how much it costs to get such a ranking?

th_interesting.gif

must be irresistible amount offered since the country was ranked the No. 2

they could have thought about being not so obvious like giving the rank of no. 10 or something like that...

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

You never see the Philippines advertised in any travel agent in the UK, I wonder why ?

For one , theres are no direct flights from the UK or even Europe to the PI. In fact the Philippines ranks 2nd to last in Asia only behind Cambodia in the number of International direct flights. This basically forces people to spend more of their vactation budget (time and money ) in places like Hong Kong or Singapore enroute to the PI.

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Let's be honest here.

If a friend asked you for your ideas as to where he or she should take their family for a nice holiday, how many would suggest the Philippines?

It would not be on my short list.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

From the States it is too far for a regular vacation. And I really could not recommend it - except to scuba divers. I LOVE the place, don't get me wrong. But no I couldn't really recommend it.

How long is the flight from Australia? Maybe it would be better for them. Europe and the US are just too far away. It is 23 hours from home for me. Which is also a big reason I won't be visiting the family in the States very much after I move to Panay.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

most of the people in the uk dont even know where the philippines is, then again thats a good thing too

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So the Philippines was number 2 behind Brazil? Which country has the most unsolved or unreported murders? Which country has the biggest and most dangerous shanty town slums? Which country has higher unemployment? Which country has the bigger drug problem? Which country has had their currency become almost worthless to purchase staple goods? Oh oh... I think that last one gave it away! The answers to all of these is Brazil... Is that why it is number 1?

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think Brazil is being promoted as a top visitor destination because the country will host the World Cup and the Olympics. It's good for the Philippines to be in the No. 2 position. As in the old Avis advertising, "We try harder."

Edited by JJR
  • Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

there are adds on t/v here in oz for the phils mainly later at night.many of my friends have said they will come and visit when i move.i have not pulled any punches as to what to expect, but they say if you are moving there it can,t be too bad.from my home town its about 9-10 hours depending on stop overs and different air lines.most of the travell time is getting across oz cheers

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The answers to all of these is Brazil... Is that why it is number 1?

It seems to me that the chart favors countries with good looking babes and perhaps Brazil is one step ahead of Philippines? But if I am right then I sure agree with Philippines being in one of the top 2 slots.

• Like 2