Subic, Cebu City And Davao

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have a friend who lives in a house on the base up in the hills. It is very nice and he pays about 35000 pesos a month. Truly a nice area. Very quiet, cool at night. Light years away from the hustle and bustle of normal Philippino living. No jeepneys, no trykes. You MUST have a car if you live there. It's fun riding the bike on base but a car is a must to get groceries bask to the house. There are plenty of houses for rent. I am pretty sure they have their own power plant. I can see myself ending up living there one day but for now we are right in the thick of "living like a local".

There are houses and apartments for rent all over. We found a nice 2 bedroom 2.5 bathroom apartment and it's close to everthing so the wife is very very happy. You DO NOT, repeat DO NOT want to rent any house in the Santa Monica division near Baloy road. It floods every year. Awesome location, great houses, just 10 feet to low.

I guess like every where else in the world....How much do you want to spend will dictate what you find.

My wife's friend is one of the owners of Harleys Pub and pretty much knows all there is to know about this area. Her BIL is the tennis guy. Feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help out with anything I can. What is your time-frame for returning here?

Thanks for all the information!

I've been living the local life since I arrived and when we went to Kalayaan, the neighborhood was like paradise, if you like peace and quiet! We looked at 3 houses there, all on cul-de-sac streets where it is very safe to play. Definitely a car would be needed. The rents are higher but if I like it in Subic I might end up buying one of the long term leases. That brings down the monthly cost by a lot, although you have to pay it up front.

That is the second time I have heard that about Sta Monica. Sounds like a good place for boating, not living!

We haven't set the date to return yet, but it will be in the new few weeks. Maybe I can buy you a beer at Harleys. We walked by there but didn't stop in last time.

I saw a car rental sign across the street from Ayala. Do you know if car rentals or motorbike rentals are available on the base?

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there are places to rent cars on the base. I don't think there are bike rentals on the base but some of the hotels here rent them. Harley's is one of them.

I'll send you my cell # in a PM.

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Excellent posts...you got me all excited again 'bout my upcoming visit *rubbing hands together*... We will have to 'clink' some bottles together should our paths cross and the timing is right...cheers~~

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Excellent posts...you got me all excited again 'bout my upcoming visit *rubbing hands together*... We will have to 'clink' some bottles together should our paths cross and the timing is right...cheers~~

Let me know when you will be in town and maybe we can hook up for a few cold ones!

• Like 1