Linksys E1200 Wireless Router - Related Techie Question

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Bob and Jake! I'll see if I can find a good tool to mess with it, as I am not sure where I put my crescent hammer!

Yup, the laptop was only about $400 new so I will not be spending any big money on it!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

My desktop doesn't have a WiFi card so I bought a neat little Linksys USB WiFi adapter ..... plugs into any USB prt and makes the unit WiFi accessible ...... I love it because I can take it anywhere if I need to .......... and as with ALL WiFi connections make sure you have a monster like password ..... mine is 14 characters of various combinations from my keyboard ..... maybe over kill but if someone wants access they are gonna earn it .....

Oh by the way my WiFi adapter is WUSB54GC (AS?) ..... V.03 ..... think I got it in PC Quickbuys or Thinking Tools in the SM cyber section ......... good thing I bought it because my connection in the new place is all the way across the sala from where my computer will be ..... geeeeee j...... ust think someone actually thought to add built in outside services instead of running them through the window ...... :mocking: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, I have the same issue with my desktop and I bought a Medialink - Wireless N USB Adapter - 802.11n - 150Mbps - 2.4ghz. I still haven't tried it because I have not unpacked the desktop yet.

• Like 2