Tattoos, Piercings, Facial Hair And The Filipina

brock
Posted
Posted

I have only one tattoo of Tweety pie which i had done 17 years ago by my friend when I was a little drunk, and he was a little drunk too..

My wife has only one cartoon on her bedroom wall which she has had there for 12 years, Yeah its Tweety pie...

Fate we met

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I HAVE 6 tats and a beard and my asawa has never had an issue with it ..... but then when I was in the dating scene I made it very clear I had them and had no intention of removing them for anyone ...... there are a lot of good Filipino tattoo artists here and some do excellent work so I can only assume that to keep them in business they must have clients ....

I did have one interesting thing happen in regards to my tats ..... when we were being interviewed by the BI lawyer for our 13a he asked my asawa what she thought about them ..... she said "makes no difference to me I married him because of who he is not what is on his arms" ..... I then went on to explain to him what each one of them meant as they all have a special meaning to me and not just put on in disarray or in a drunk'en stupor (which no self respecting tattoo artist would do anyway) ....... don't sweat it .... you ain't alone lots of foreigners and Filipinos have tattoos .... and if she doesn't like you because of your tats you don't need her anyway ..... next it will be because you snore ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: IMHO

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know a few Filipinas with tattoos and they are not part of gangs or anything so I would say it wont make any difference to anyone but I guess its a stigma attachment where some might view it as undesirable.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Thai women I've known have been ok with tattoos, many have tattoos. But the Koreans and Filipinos don't seem to like tattoos. I only have 3 (but 1 is a fairly large back piece). But I had a long ponytail when I went to Cebu last year and a few of the girls told me they don't like long hair on men. I doubt it would be a deal breaker on a relationship but they are a fairly conservative culture and tattoos & piercings don't seem to be appreciated.

They told me that tattoos are gangster related still. Piercings on men I think they just don't understand.

I believe Filipins see different on different TYPES of tatoos:

/"Western style". As you say.

/Traditional. Filipins have different people groups, some of them have tatoos traditionaly. A popular traditional music group Kadangyan has such traditional tatoos.