Traveling With Filipina- Split Topic

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Foreigners traveling internationally with younger Filipinas have blocked the Filipina from leaving the country.

I have heard this before. I am making plans to visit Singapore with my filipina girlfriend. She is 23 and already has a passport but has never traveled internationally. I am concerned that we could run into complications when going through immigration at the airport which would ruin the fun trip we are planning to Singapore.

Any suggestions on how to minimize the chance of complications with immigration on exit?

Some things I thought of. Make sure we have our round trip tickets to show return to Philippines. Have a printout of our hotel reservations. Perhaps a letter from her family? Does she need need some sort of exit clearance in advance?

I expect I will need a throw away ticket for our return back to the Philippines from Singapore?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Some things I thought of. Make sure we have our round trip tickets to show return to Philippines. Have a printout of our hotel reservations. Perhaps a letter from her family? Does she need need some sort of exit clearance in advance?

All very good ideals,

has she her NBI travel clearance(?) it is issued by the NBI to verify that 1 can travel overseas. is their a BI office near you?? ask them. What you may need.

maybe you will find a "friend" in that office should something occur at the airport and he,your new "friend" can help

....cough cough......

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
Some things I thought of. Make sure we have our round trip tickets to show return to Philippines. Have a printout of our hotel reservations. Perhaps a letter from her family? Does she need need some sort of exit clearance in advance? I expect I will need a throw away ticket for our return back to the Philippines from Singapore?

If you're going to have return tickets, why will you need throw away tickets?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perhaps if you were to not show any connection between the two of you while at the airport. I was unable to search the topic posted here to do with joint travel disruptions. Not sure if they are looking for some fast money or to disrupt possible trafficking or just wanting to screw over Foreigners.

Nice job splitting the topic! I nearly did so myself but did not want to be heavy handed.

Edited by Old55

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Some things I thought of. Make sure we have our round trip tickets to show return to Philippines. Have a printout of our hotel reservations. Perhaps a letter from her family? Does she need need some sort of exit clearance in advance? I expect I will need a throw away ticket for our return back to the Philippines from Singapore?

The trip is from Philippines to Singapore and back. When entering Philippines again I will need an onward ticket.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Perhaps if you were to not show any connection between the two of you while at the airport. I was unable to search the topic posted here to do with joint travel disruptions. Not sure if they are looking for some fast money or to disrupt possible trafficking or just wanting to screw over Foreigners.

We are just going on a short vacation to Singapore. There is nothing immoral or illegal about it.

Doing as you suggest makes it look like you are doing something illegal and risks even great problems if officials notice.

In addition I would not want to put my girlfriend in that position.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

The trip is from Philippines to Singapore and back. When entering Philippines again I will need an onward ticket.

I assumed that you would already have that, she won't need one as she lives in the phils

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I assumed that you would already have that, she won't need one as she lives in the phils

Correct, I need an onward ticket when returning to the Philippines from Singapore.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I am making plans to visit Singapore with my filipina girlfriend. She is 23 and already has a passport but has never traveled internationally. I am concerned that we could run into complications when going through immigration at the airport which would ruin the fun trip we are planning to Singapore.

Any suggestions on how to minimize the chance of complications with immigration on exit?

WE, 50/20 couple did Singapore & Hong Kong without any problem. The immigration officer that checked us out asked a LOT of questions. I answered them all truthfully with a smile on my face & in my heart. I believe if you have nothing to hide they don't.find any problems. Maybe that is just me? Of course I left out personal details & showed no contempt.

She does not need NBI or anything; passport is enough for her to travel on. Pay 1,600 peso travel tax for her at the airport.

Have a wonderful time! If u like monkeys & some walking check out the nature reserve. Free entry. Botanical gardens were great as well, also free. Less walking with snack places.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I am making plans to visit Singapore with my filipina girlfriend. She is 23 and already has a passport but has never traveled internationally. I am concerned that we could run into complications when going through immigration at the airport which would ruin the fun trip we are planning to Singapore.

WE, 50/20 couple did Singapore & Hong Kong without any problem. The immigration officer that checked us out asked a LOT of questions. I answered them all truthfully with a smile on my face & in my heart. I believe if you have nothing to hide they don't.find any problems. Maybe that is just me? Of course I left out personal details & showed no contempt.

She does not need NBI or anything; passport is enough for her to travel on. Pay 1,600 peso travel tax for her at the airport.

Have a wonderful time! If u like monkeys & some walking check out the nature reserve. Free entry. Botanical gardens were great as well, also free. Less walking with snack places.

Thanks GregZ.

• Like 1